Register Now
DudeThatsErin

Apple Arcade v Google Stadia

Arcade v Stadia  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in Apple Arcade or Google Stadia?

• Arcade
    • Stadia
    • Neither

I don't see value in both of them. I personally think that apple arcade is more or less forced version on the users with a lot of features and restrictions and same with stadia. game ownership point nobody cares for. 

Anything other than Google Stadia - The Google Stadia is a a humungous flop and on top of that, Google is getting sued from all angles because of undelivered promises. You can add this to the long list of failures they've had in the last decade.

On 3/24/2021 at 2:23 AM, skyfire said:

I think apple having fanatic fans, I think they will continue side by the brand but the stadia is like unmatured product. So no idea how long it will continue to exist as well. 

Those class-action lawsuits among other things won't magically go away so Google will eventually decide to shut it down.

If people can't afford consoles, how can they afford an iphone, or an Internet connection fast and unlimited enough for game streaming? Google Stadia uses about 20GB per hour. That's bytes not bits. Your game will go to shit as soon as someone else in your house starts watching Netflix. Ten again you don't need an iPhone to use Stadia. Any 1080p Android device will probably be fine, but still. The appeal of Goodle Stadia is absolutely not exclusivity. It is about not having to buy games or hardware to play. The idea is not new, but previous efforts were hampered by lag. Google has a chance to pull it off because if anyone can overcome the technological problems, it's them, and because they own youtube.

On 3/26/2021 at 6:53 AM, Empire said:

If people can't afford consoles, how can they afford an iphone, or an Internet connection fast and unlimited enough for game streaming? Google Stadia uses about 20GB per hour. That's bytes not bits. Your game will go to shit as soon as someone else in your house starts watching Netflix. Ten again you don't need an iPhone to use Stadia. Any 1080p Android device will probably be fine, but still. The appeal of Goodle Stadia is absolutely not exclusivity. It is about not having to buy games or hardware to play. The idea is not new, but previous efforts were hampered by lag. Google has a chance to pull it off because if anyone can overcome the technological problems, it's them, and because they own youtube.

Actually, Xbox Gamepass and other competitors are way better platforms than the Google Stadia. They have even started trying to rebrand the Google stadia as media streaming platform instead of a game streaming platform because they can't compete with Xbox, Nvidia and others.

On 3/26/2021 at 5:23 PM, Empire said:

If people can't afford consoles, how can they afford an iphone, or an Internet connection fast and unlimited enough for game streaming?

Internet price vs console one time price is high. one time purchase is pretty difficult to justify. internet is affordable for 10 USD a month. Is console 10 USD a month? no. 

As for apple products, same logic. Its hard to justify the purchases. 

On 3/28/2021 at 1:47 AM, skyfire said:

Internet price vs console one time price is high. one time purchase is pretty difficult to justify. internet is affordable for 10 USD a month. Is console 10 USD a month? no. 

As for apple products, same logic. Its hard to justify the purchases. 

It's true that Apple is pretty expensive and often times, it's really hard to justify the prices of most of their offerings but at the very least, they keep supporting their platforms with updates up to 5-6 years later. After 3 years, Google and most other Android platforms stop providing updates for their platforms.

On 1/6/2021 at 12:40 AM, killamch89 said:

My vote goes to the Xbox game pass because it'll have far more games and features than these two.

Are you kidding me? I actually thought that Apple would have more games than the rest.