Register Now
DudeThatsErin

Soccer/Futbol, anyone here play?

We call this activity Football, over here, in England. I remember playing Footy, during my PE Lessons, however, my teacher tended to warm towards the more skilled students.  I was never really that great anyway - nonetheless, it was something which was fun to partake in.  Occasionally, I'll have a kick around with some mates but nothing more. 

Edited by Alexander.

I played soccer when I was at school and high school as a kid as art of the thing with sports. But it was not really big. I was never into sports and always failed to kick and win in most games. I Just a guy who stands in same place and watch others kicking the damn ball.

On 4/6/2021 at 9:42 AM, The Blackangel said:

Just a curiousity question.

Is there any kind of significant meaning behind the different spellings for the sport? Futbol and Football? Is it a region thing?

It's a region thing - If I'm not mistake, Futbol is the spanish word for Football.

Soccer is a popular name to the game, I enjoy watching and playing. I am an amateur player, playing in a local football team in my country which I visit only on Saturdays.