Register Now
DudeThatsErin

Soccer/Futbol, anyone here play?

We call this activity Football, over here, in England. I remember playing Footy, during my PE Lessons, however, my teacher tended to warm towards the more skilled students.  I was never really that great anyway - nonetheless, it was something which was fun to partake in.  Occasionally, I'll have a kick around with some mates but nothing more. 

Edited by Alexander.

I played soccer when I was at school and high school as a kid as art of the thing with sports. But it was not really big. I was never into sports and always failed to kick and win in most games. I Just a guy who stands in same place and watch others kicking the damn ball.

On 4/6/2021 at 9:42 AM, The Blackangel said:

Just a curiousity question.

Is there any kind of significant meaning behind the different spellings for the sport? Futbol and Football? Is it a region thing?

It's a region thing - If I'm not mistake, Futbol is the spanish word for Football.

I play soccer a lot from childhood till this very moment and I enjoy my Saturday morning games with the boys at the open field , it's even more fun when the ladies comes out to watch us play and act as our cheerleaders. 

On 5/2/2022 at 2:03 AM, egghead said:

We call it football. I don't play football but I like watching football.

Fair enough - our matches tend to be very physical with everybody lunging into slide tackles. We've already had two or three people with serious ankle injuries from those weekend kick abouts.