Register Now
Alexander.

Quitting a Video Game

I was wondering whether anybody had interesting memories as to why they quit a game. Perhaps they were funny or stupid reasons? Please share the name of the title too and are you anticipating on playing, ever again?

Edited by Alexander.

I quit Clash of Clans cause it was getting boring and it was one of those games that I played with my friends and enjoyed the active aspects of it. We've mostly all quit and along with it getting tiresome, I just don't play it anymore and uninstalled it. 

I quit Fortnite recently because I can't stand the new update. They tried to fix something that was never broken by removing tactical shotguns and that simple change has completely changed the feel of the game for me personally. 

I quit playing all multiplayer games. I don't know when exactly around 2013-2014. I think the last multiplayer game I played was Defiance. Or maybe when I played in the TES:O beta.

Why I quit? Because I became tired of idiots ruining my immersion. This was the era of MMOs, and it was ridicilous when an NPC Had twelve dozen players around it all getting the same quest. This plagued every game I played.  I was never a big fan of competitive games, only with actual friends, but those people I lost contact with.

Bloodborne cause it was too hard. Looks really cool if you dedicate your time to it. It needs more periodic saves. It's out the window for me.  Hell Blade cause too many puzzles. I liked the fighting. Until Dawn; after the whole first half of it if you know what I mean without giving spoilers. Monster Hunter World because I just don't feel like learning everything. Those are my most recent I stopped over the last year. 

On 9/7/2020 at 2:40 PM, m76 said:

I quit playing all multiplayer games. I don't know when exactly around 2013-2014. I think the last multiplayer game I played was Defiance. Or maybe when I played in the TES:O beta.

Why I quit? Because I became tired of idiots ruining my immersion. This was the era of MMOs, and it was ridicilous when an NPC Had twelve dozen players around it all getting the same quest. This plagued every game I played.  I was never a big fan of competitive games, only with actual friends, but those people I lost contact with.

I used to play MUDs, but I also quit playing multiplayer games as well. The initial reason was that I was overwhelmed by all the personal issues that went with the MUD communities I was in, but the later reason was that the world of multiplayer gaming seems besieged by games that seem bereft of any in-depth in-game interaction.