Register Now
Alexander.

Quitting a Video Game

5 hours ago, Patrik said:

Far Cry 1, in exactly the last mission, it's that kind of "impossible" missions to pass for sure, extremely hardcore, i ended up watching the final mission on youtube instead of playing it

I do this all the time. In a lot of the games I play, I inevitably hit a boss fight I can't beat, even on the easiest difficulty, because I'm a n00b apparently. Hopefully it's the final boss, which it often is, so I'm not missing much by looking up the ending on YouTube. Two examples that come to mind off the top of my head are Senator Armstrong at the end of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (I couldn't figure out how to get his health to stop regenerating), and this one possessed dump truck thing towards the end of Alan Wake (it makes sense in context, I swear).

On 1/22/2021 at 7:12 AM, Patrik said:

Far Cry 1, in exactly the last mission, it's that kind of "impossible" missions to pass for sure, extremely hardcore, i ended up watching the final mission on youtube instead of playing it

Come on man - you can leave a game unfinished. That's like not finishing a Lego set - don't you want to finish that Lego set?

On 1/22/2021 at 12:49 PM, staticradio725 said:

I do this all the time. In a lot of the games I play, I inevitably hit a boss fight I can't beat, even on the easiest difficulty, because I'm a n00b apparently. Hopefully it's the final boss, which it often is, so I'm not missing much by looking up the ending on YouTube. Two examples that come to mind off the top of my head are Senator Armstrong at the end of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (I couldn't figure out how to get his health to stop regenerating), and this one possessed dump truck thing towards the end of Alan Wake (it makes sense in context, I swear).

"JUST DO IT!" - shia labeouf voice. 

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Come on man - you can leave a game unfinished. That's like not finishing a Lego set - don't you want to finish that Lego set?

On 1/22/2021 at 6:49 PM, staticradio725 said:

of course i want to finish the Lego set, but i just don't want to step on it, because that's so painful ☠️

I don't quit even when I finally realized that all the time I had invested into games and all those "accomplishments" did nothing to make me any better of a person in the real world, well not all games and depends on what you play. I also realized, when looking back, that it had been a while since I actually played a FPS game or the ways of what I game back then, such enjoyment and mostly did it as a way of killing free time, because I had nothing better to do.

One time I was playing the walking dead game and it was a story based game that you pick a route to how the story goes, anyway I ended up not even getting the last episode done and been 5 hours now 😛