Register Now
_B_

Instant-gaming.com

So, I don't know how many of you have heard or used this site but personally, I think this site is amazing for some games. I've used it once to get City Skylines for steam which is normally around £25 in the steam store itself. I got it for £3 and it's such a simple process. You get your code immediately after payment and you can go ahead and enjoy your game.

They even have discounts on some other games and on other consoles too. I think I saw GTA 5 premium edition for £8. It also sells other stuff like software. Their range is wide 🙂

Anyone else got experience with this site?

There's loads of sites which circumvent the Steam pricing strategy and offer money off what you'd expect to pay on the main site. I've not used full steam for purchases in a long time. Between instant-gaming, gamivo and cdkeys.com with humblebundle as a great offers service, there's no reason to pay full price for games on Steam.

7 hours ago, Zak said:

There's loads of sites which circumvent the Steam pricing strategy and offer money off what you'd expect to pay on the main site. I've not used full steam for purchases in a long time. Between instant-gaming, gamivo and cdkeys.com with humblebundle as a great offers service, there's no reason to pay full price for games on Steam.

Other than being honest, trustworthy, and avoiding piracy, you're right.

32 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Other than being honest, trustworthy, and avoiding piracy, you're right.

I'm as honest and trustworthy as they come. I don't do piracy as without paying customers developers won't develop and publishers won't publish. Support the industry - buy your games. 

35 minutes ago, Zak said:

I'm as honest and trustworthy as they come. I don't do piracy as without paying customers developers won't develop and publishers won't publish. Support the industry - buy your games. 

Hit the nail on the head, and it's precisely why I don't buy gems from key-resellers, only official stores or from the developer direct. Instant-gaming, G2A, CDKeys, they're all risky and potentially very shady with used keys and even stolen keys being sold on them. HumbleBundle is different, they're legit as some other 3rp party stores like GMG, they deal with publishers and developers directly to obtain the keys they sell, but key-resellers should be avoided.

I've never had an issue. I'd imagine if a key was used it wouldn't work for a second time. Same as stolen keys. They'd be blacklisted - or perhaps my naivety is showing! 

Just now, Zak said:

I've never had an issue. I'd imagine if a key was used it wouldn't work for a second time. Same as stolen keys. They'd be blacklisted - or perhaps my naivety is showing! 

Trust me, it happens more often than you think. Indie dev's in particular can really suffer because once it's discovered games keys were bought fraudulently becasue they then have to pay the refunds for those keys whilst the thieves walk away with the money.  G2A in particular have found themselves in hot water a lot over this the last few years. It's got so bad developers were asking players to pirate their games instead of buy them from key-resellers like G2A.

21 minutes ago, Zak said:

What happens is you get people that use stolen credit card or bank information to buy and bunch of game and software keys that they then sell on these websites.  Then when the theft of the credit card is reported the credit company/bank refunds the original owner and then back-charges the publisher/developer for the original sale AND has to pay additional fees.  So not only do they lose the money they made on the original sales of the game, then also have to pay the credit company out of their own pocket.  Not to mention the key becomes blacklisted so the one who bought the key form the re-seller can't use it anymore.  Meanwhile the thief and the re-seller are laughing to bank, it doesn't affect them either way.

Edited by Crazycrab

Every day is a school day. I've never had any trouble with any of these services and always considered them to be reputable. Thanks guys, for your input. I'm questioning myself now!