Register Now
Zak

If you could remaster one old game, which would it be?

There's been a few recently, but if you could remaster any old game which would it be? 

I would choose either Total Annihilation, which is my favourite game of all time or Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II - Kyle Katarn is a badass and being able to go Light Side or Dark Side was pretty novel for its time. 

Most of the games on my list have had re-masters, re-makes or re-boots allready.  The only one I can think of is Magic Carpet,  there is lots of directions you could go with it form an open world RPG, MMO, PvE, PvP...  a ton of possibilites.

Edited by Crazycrab

3 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Most of the games on my list have had re-masters, re-makes or re-boots allready.  The only one I can think of is Magic Carpet,  there is lots of directions you could go with it form an open world RPG, MMO, PvE, PvP...  a ton of possibilites.

I'd re happy to see Magic Carpet 2 remastered just to the point where it, well, worked.

That would be hard for me to choose. Being a classic gamer, the 8 bit and 16 bit graphics is a part of the charm that keeps me playing my NES and SNES religiously. I don't go much past the PS3 at all. There are some of my favorite NES games, that I just wouldn't be able to stomach a remaster. Like the original Legend Of Zelda. That game needs to stay 8 bit. If they did it like they did Links Awakening, there's no way I could play that one. It took me forever to be able to play it on Switch to begin with. I still prefer it on Game Boy. Simply because the graphics are 8 bit.

I would like to see the first three 3D GTA games remade and or remastered. So III, Vice City and San Andreas. I think those in a package together would be awesome. But not just a remastered version, but all of them revamped with new controls and maybe even new voice acting and missions. Maybe even through in IV, but I can see Rockstar releasing that one separate. 

If the game is cartoonish, it can get away with a remaster; everything else older than the ps3 needs a remake. I can think of a ton of games from the ps2 that could use a remake. But in this world we live, stupid prevails. Nature no longer cares about passing the stupid DNA. At this point we are all stupid. So just gives us games to reinforce our stupid. 

GTA SA / IV (13 years old and have some terrible optimization on pc, so that could be fixed via a remaster) and the remaster of GTA SA is horrible as well (idk why it's called a remaster when it's just a Xbox version for mobile and PC LMAO)

Lord of the rings: The Return of the King on ps2, amazing game. I probably beat it of 10 times solo and coop with family. Those games did the crazy battle scenes with hundred of enemies perfectly.. a close second is the two towers... battle at helm’s deep was intense

Just one?  Geez.... I dunno.  I can tell you that I would kill for all the old mario games to get the Super Mario All Stars treatment -again- with all new updated graphics and music again!

I gotta tell you I was SO disappointed when Mario 3d All Stars turned out to just be just a port of those 3 games... I was super excited because I was expecting to be able to play Mario 64 with the graphical quality of Mario Odyssey or something.  Talk about a big let down....  So yeah, if I could have an actual remake of Mario 64, that'd be epic.

Only the best videogame ever: DeusEx. Nobody came close to that ever since. Where there are many solutions to beat every level. Not one or two or three options, think a dozen, depending on your skill and choices. With multiple outcomes.

It needs a graphics and gameplay upgrade and it would still blow everything out of the water.