Register Now
DudeThatsErin

Where did you buy your gaming PC/laptop?

My desktop is from Best Buy and I only got it there cause my last one had issues and needed to be sent in and couldn't be fixed in a timely manner so they gave me a gift card for the value so I was able to pick out a new one (after having my old one for a year and a half) and this one is better in more ways than one.

What about you?

On 7/29/2020 at 11:43 PM, DudeThatsErin said:

My desktop is from Best Buy and I only got it there cause my last one had issues and needed to be sent in and couldn't be fixed in a timely manner so they gave me a gift card for the value so I was able to pick out a new one (after having my old one for a year and a half) and this one is better in more ways than one.

What about you?

1 hour ago, Alexander. said:

I purchased my Laptop from a physical retailer, known as John Lewis. The merchant owns over 43 stores across England, Scotland and Wales. I'm pleased with my HP machine; the cost came to £500 altogether. 

Never buy a PC from a shop if you intend to game on it. Find an online retailer who at least has a slight clue about gaming PC hardware and order from there, but the best thing as always to do is;

7 hours ago, Oliver said:

I didn't buy a gaming PC I build it with the help of YouTube Videos . I order parts from different platforms like Amazon,Ebay, Ali express and its worth $1500

... that

Build it.

2 hours ago, Alexander. said:

the cost came to £500 altogether. 

Definitely not a gaming computer in that case. Good graphic cards, RAM and bigger screen be it laptop or desktop takes you beyond 800 budget for the game post covid-19 prices. 

I'm not  big tech experts so can build my own PC even it saves money for me. I normally buy from my local store called Jb Hi-fi which is famous gaming store in New Zealand and it have good price compare to big player so I saved some money too.

35 minutes ago, JackO said:

I'm not  big tech experts so can build my own PC even it saves money for me. I normally buy from my local store called Jb Hi-fi which is famous gaming store in New Zealand and it have good price compare to big player so I saved some money too.

I think new zealand is not much affected by the virus, but they are reducing the logistics and the exports there. so price may be higher there. 

Just now, skyfire said:

I think new zealand is not much affected by the virus, but they are reducing the logistics and the exports there. so price may be higher there. 

Yes we are almost normal for 100 days than we have come back but it reduced to Auckland where I lives but it's not big as it's part of one single cluster but yes we totally depends on international supply as we hardly produce anything New Zealand that's why costs always higher for us in such situation. 

I got my desktop and laptop both from Best Buy. They have the most powerful and best selection of gaming computers in my area. I didn't feel like driving out of state and most likely not find anything that would make the trip actually worth it. Also if I really wanted to go out of state, the nearest place to go to have any luck of finding something worth buying is Chicago, ad there's no fucking way I'm going there during right now. I have St. Louis and KC, but both are completely insane right now. KC is actually calming down a lot, but St. Louis is nuclear. There have been murders in the double digits since George Floyd's murder as protest. Several were children, and the killers haven't been caught yet. But it's especially dangerous for an out of town white chick, so I'm staying way the hell away from both for a good long while.

On 8/26/2020 at 1:27 PM, JackO said:

Yes we are almost normal for 100 days than we have come back but it reduced to Auckland where I lives but it's not big as it's part of one single cluster but yes we totally depends on international supply as we hardly produce anything New Zealand that's why costs always higher for us in such situation. 

As long as you isolate the people who travelled offshore in 15 days or so, need to go to isolation and things would surely improve as well. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

As long as you isolate the people who traveled offshore in 15 days or so, need to go to isolation and things would surely improve as well. 

I wish people here in the US could understand that. If everyone who travels more than 100 miles would just take into consideration that they may be asymptomatic, or just not showing symptoms then we could have had a chance at beating this a couple months ago. And if anyone cared enough to wear a mask, and not party like a bunch of drunk college kids at a fucking house party that would help a hell of a lot too. But we're the most defiant entitled country in the world.

"I'm not gonna get Covid, so I don't have to worry."
"Fuck your policy! I'm an American so I don't have to wear a mask and you can't make me!"

And my all time favorite:
"I will not wear one! Masks are illegal and a violation of my constitutional rights!"

These are actual statements that I have personally heard. It's why even Walmart has security guards at the doors authorized to take people to the ground, and cuff them until the cops get there to take over, if things get serious enough. They have batons and pepper spray. They're not technically authorized to use lethal force, but I wouldn't complain if I saw one of them packing heat. But then again, while I don't like it, I wear a mask. Hell, Walmart has even closed off one entrance, and people still try to sneak in through it, even though the doors are shut off and locked.

Edited by The Blackangel

Not just the times of corona virus but this whole dropshipping thing from china and other parts of the world is spreading virus of various types not just covid-19. Nobody is considering the isolation period necessary. Condition is so worse in EU, Asia that people don't even sanitize the imported products. Who knows in near future china can send the virus through the package we wont be able to blame them considering tracing this is really hard. 

I think people who are alive right now need to consider this possibility and improve the logistics of electronics in near future. 

Computer brands who are dropshipping products need to really think about sanitization in warehouse and shipping. 

I didn't buy a PC, I ordered parts from Amazon and built it by following YouTube tutorials. It seemed hard at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's actually quite easy and interesting. I was on a very tight budget so my PC parts only amounted to £400ish, but I am slowly upgrading it; I bought a £200 graphics card only yesterday.