Register Now
DudeThatsErin

Linux v MacOS v Windows - Which do you prefer to use daily?

On 6/14/2022 at 6:01 PM, killamch89 said:

Windows is better in terms of usability in terms of doing basic tasks and is extremely flexible while Linux is very difficult for the average user to navigate on a daily basis.

With Linux, it depends on what you’re trying to do, and which distro.

If you use a popular one that comes with a GUI, you can easily browse the web, install apps through the distro’s app store, and use normal productivity stuff. All of which is easily navigable through the GUI with no need for the terminal.

Being a power user is where you run into needing the terminal, or it’s more popular to use the terminal.

The interesting thing, is that you can do a lot of similar things in the MacOS terminal along with Windows Command Line, or Powershell.

During my childhood I love DeLL so much, I said to myself that I'm going to go for it when I have tbe funds in tbe future. But now, I've changed my decision, which shows that humans decision making isn't static rather dynamic. I want 'Windows or Mac at this time, lol. 

On 6/17/2022 at 3:43 PM, Grungie said:

With Linux, it depends on what you’re trying to do, and which distro.

If you use a popular one that comes with a GUI, you can easily browse the web, install apps through the distro’s app store, and use normal productivity stuff. All of which is easily navigable through the GUI with no need for the terminal.

Being a power user is where you run into needing the terminal, or it’s more popular to use the terminal.

The interesting thing, is that you can do a lot of similar things in the MacOS terminal along with Windows Command Line, or Powershell.

I get what you mean but in terms of compatibility with other software and even getting some relatively basic functions to work, it's not very beginner-friendly. I do have some knowledge of navigating Whonix but I haven't used any of the other distros - I think.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I get what you mean but in terms of compatibility with other software and even getting some relatively basic functions to work, it's not very beginner-friendly. I do have some knowledge of navigating Whonix but I haven't used any of the other distros - I think.

It depends on which distro you’re using. Ubuntu, Mint, and elementary are pretty set it and forget it. If we’re talking about Arch and Gentoo, then that’s a different story.

I'll be happy to get going with anyone, I'm not that selective to PCs like the way I'm selective of consoles. Provided it is that gaming compatible with quality features that will run millions of assignments within secs, I'm comfortable with that from any of the aforementioned computer brands. 

On 10/13/2022 at 11:26 AM, joblessdude said:

I have used all the three, Linux, Mac OS, and Windows. To be frank nothing can match the features of Windows. 

I tell everyone that cares to listen that Windows have been doing a lot in terms of ensuring that PC users get the best service in terms of operating their computers. This is one key attribute that drew me to making use of Windows.