Register Now
DudeThatsErin

Steam v Origin v Hard Discs - Which do you prefer?

I'd include Epic Games in that list as well, as it's starting to gain popularity. Helps when they release a ton of free games fairly often. Oh, and Amazon Games is a thing. Got a bunch of games through Twitch prime through Amazon Games, and I haven't downloaded anything yet. 

But yeah, I prefer going the route of digital, just easier to deal with. Physical with PC is kind of pointless these days anyway, because it's to the point that some games aren't even coming with discs, just a slip inside a game box. 

Do they even make physical discs for computer games anymore? I rarely see physical discs of games for computers in stores these days. They are all for video game consoles. I do prefer the physical copy myself but now mostly I buy the digital version since it seems like they are forcing us to.

Yes they do make discs for computer games, but it's typically nothing more than a bunch of solitaire or find the image crap. No real games to speak of, with the occasional exception. You would be pretty hard pressed to find an actual game in the sense that we're talking about. At least here where I live you would.

97% steam as I have a far bigger library than other networks, followed by epic since I get free games added. Around 9 hard discs and GTA5 is one of them as a set of six discs. steam gets used more since major games that I do are on steam.