Register Now
DudeThatsErin

HP Computers - What do you think about them as a company?

I used to be a die-hard HP fan until I got my HP 15t which I still have to this day and still hate to this day. It is overpriced and I got it on a $600 sale and while my grandmother paid for it, I feel ripped off as it still wasn't worth the $500-600 that she paid. Yes, that means they valued the laptop around $1200... ugh. Don't get me started.

Anyway, now I hate them.

What about you?

I stay with HP, as they’re the best on the market within my price range. They’re good computers, but tend to slow down bad after a while. But the worst you could ever have the misfortune of dealing with, or if you’re stupid enough to actually buy it, is a dell. They simply do not work. I had to fix them constantly when I was a kid. I was even fixing them for the tech school, because of how much of a piece of shit they are. The school knew how worthless they were after about literally 2 months. But there wasn’t much they could do about it because they had signed a contract. After that one lapsed though, I helped them throw the fucking things in the dumpster. I threw away the clothes I was wearing and sanitized my hands afterwards.

If you are into hardcore gaming. stay way from HP. It's the worst company for the gaming PCs. The reason being HP has a lot of heat issues even for their 400 dollar laptops. You can imagine countless support issues. only reason they are being promoted a lot is because of commissions. If you want to play serious games with graphics go with Asus, Lenovo, Dell. 

Stay away from dell. They are the worst abomination in the history of electronics. They will fuck up completely within a matter of weeks, guaranteed. I've worked on many and never seen one that didn't.

As for HP, they're aimed at those of us who need a computer, but can't afford something really good. Mine is an HP all-in-one computer. At first it was great, but it's gotten slow as hell over the last couple years, and my virus scanner can't find anything wrong. I've defragged it several times to try to speed it up, but that didn't do a whole lot. So I'm thinking I'm either going to have to take it in to something like Geek Squad, or just bite the bullet and get a new one.

Edited by The Blackangel

I have a HP computer. I've had it for the last 8 years and it's still going good. I think I paid around 400 for it I got it on sale also. Yes some items seemed to be over priced than others.

How long ago did you get this? If it's quite new then I can see your frustration but if its anywhere from 5 to 10 years old,  no technology is built to last forever. I'm already thinking of getting a new computer since mine is 8 years old, it can die on me at anytime since its quite old.

I purchased a new HP laptop a few months ago. The model is the 14-dk0xxx and making the purchase from John Lewis; the total bill came to £499.99. During a sale, and after reading some positive reviews, I decided to buy the PC. No regrets, it's truly a great machine, and their customer care is excellent after the device experienced a manufacturing issue.

Edited by Alexander.

50 minutes ago, Alexander. said:

I purchased a new HP laptop a few months ago. The model is the 14-dk0xxx and making the purchase from John Lewis; the total bill came to £499.99. During a sale, and after reading some positive reviews, I decided to buy the PC. No regrets, it's truly a great machine, and their customer care is excellent after the device experienced a manufacturing issue.

Looks like entry level HP computer. 

Usually HP computers are nothing but heat hell. Extremely bad machines for the media, graphics and gaming. I'd not even gift the computer to the people who just surf the web. Lot of bad experiences with customer support and also lot of money wasted on upgrades. 

On 8/10/2020 at 6:59 PM, skyfire said:

Looks like entry level HP computer. 

Usually HP computers are nothing but heat hell. Extremely bad machines for the media, graphics and gaming. I'd not even gift the computer to the people who just surf the web. Lot of bad experiences with customer support and also lot of money wasted on upgrades. 

It's the complete opposite for me. A few months down the line, I noticed a manufacturing issue with the HP machine, which was every time a restart happened, the; PC shut down instead. If there was a critical update and the computer required restarting, this could be fatal for the hard drive.  I quickly alerted HP who, collected my Laptop and took six weeks to fix it during COVID-19 and delivered it back to my home, free of charge. They had to replace the motherboard and apologised for the delay as they needed to order parts. 

Edited by Alexander.

On 8/12/2020 at 12:13 AM, Alexander. said:

It's the complete opposite for me. A few months down the line, I noticed a manufacturing issue with the HP machine, which was every time a restart happened, the; PC shut down instead. If there was a critical update and the computer required restarting, this could be fatal for the hard drive.  I quickly alerted HP who, collected my Laptop and took six weeks to fix it during COVID-19 and delivered it back to my home, free of charge. They had to replace the motherboard and apologised for the delay as they needed to order parts. 

Is your computer gaming computer? I have never seen a single gamer recommending HP for gaming. That's like buying a heater from computer company. 

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

Is your computer gaming computer? I have never seen a single gamer recommending HP for gaming. That's like buying a heater from computer company. 

My Laptop is not primarily for gaming. It's mostly for my freelance writing tasks online, although, this isn't to say I don't enjoy playing some Battle Royale on my PC every once in a while. I tend to use the wireless mouse over the touchpad. But your right, HP isn't the best option for computer gaming.  

Edited by Alexander.

HP is a horrible choice for gaming, unless you're playing old stuff like AOE that doesn't take a lot of power to run. If that's your goal for PC gaming, then you're good to go with an HP. But if you're wanting to do any of the current (and mostly online) stuff, then you're a bit nuts to go HP on that.

But for things other than gaming, HP's are great computers. I'm an amateur author, and write on mine all the time. I've finished 2 full length novels, 3 short stories, and a lot of unconventional poetry.

And I have a whole list of other things I'm going to write in the future. I'm in the works of writing another book as we speak.

Edited by The Blackangel

Almost every machine I came in contact with from HP is living heater hell. Like a lot of them literally get burned after 1 year of usage. These machines don't have proper heat removal mechanism it seems and not just that they make use of extremely poor board management that a lot of display and heat issues come in there. Unless you are giving the device to someone who uses one browser to check email. I don't see use for HP computer. I'd even avoid in that case.