Register Now
DudeThatsErin

Word of Warcraft

It was really popular several years ago. It was probably one of the largest online PC games of its time. I haven't played it since around 2013 - 2014 and these days I still wouldn't be interested. There's just a lot of variety out there that's more entertaining.

5 hours ago, Wolves said:

It was really popular several years ago. It was probably one of the largest online PC games of its time. I haven't played it since around 2013 - 2014 and these days I still wouldn't be interested. There's just a lot of variety out there that's more entertaining.

They were pretty much dominant MMO until they stopped innovating and making changes. And all things fade away when you stop innovating. 

I honestly haven’t heard anyone even talk about WoW in a decade. 10 years ago everyone was going nuts over it. If someone owned a computer, they were playing it. Hell, it was so big that South Park even did a WoW episode. I personally wasn’t impressed with it in the least. It was slow, tedious, and there was no actual action. It was one of the most boring games I’ve ever played in my life.

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

They were pretty much dominant MMO until they stopped innovating and making changes. And all things fade away when you stop innovating. 

Yeah I know and they were making a boatload of money and figured they probably didn't need to improve on anything.

I did play it once back in the day for maybe an hour or two...  I didn't see the appeal back then and I don't see it now.  The only MMO's I've played to a reasonable extent is FFXIV: A Realm Reborn and (arguably) Destiny but with so many online games infested with greedy microtransactions and "live service" bullshit I might not ever take online gaming seriously ever again.