Register Now
Kane99

What console are you buying day one?

What console are you buying day one?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What console are you buying day one?

• PlayStation 5
    • Xbox Series X
    • TBA Nintendo Console (Maybe)
    • Other

The PS5 and Xbox Series X are expected to drop this holiday, with a slew of games to follow. But what are you leaning towards buying day one? Or, will you be getting all consoles on opening day? Currently we're only aware of the PS5 and the new Xbox, but Nintendo may be dropping in a new version of a switch and we also got smaller consoles on the horizon, like the Atari VCS, but I'm not betting on that one doing good. 

Anyways, vote and discuss what console(s) you plan to buy day one. I would like to buy both the Xbox Series X and PS5 on release, but I don't know if I could afford to do that. 

My first option would be the Xbox Series X, and then the PS5 as my second choice. Regardless, I am not going to purchase the console straight away as I'm anticipating for the price to go down, after some time. There is no better feeling than playing a game for the first time on a new platform. 

On 8/8/2020 at 1:45 AM, Alexander. said:

My first option would be the Xbox Series X, and then the PS5 as my second choice. Regardless, I am not going to purchase the console straight away as I'm anticipating for the price to go down, after some time. There is no better feeling than playing a game for the first time on a new platform. 

Same. I usually never buy consoles on Day 1. Usually because there are glitches with them and waiting for the upgraded console.

I am thinking about buying the PS5 on release day (if there's any still left in stock). The only thing stopping me is that I also have a PC, so I'm just contemplating whether it's worth spending a fortune on another gaming platform, but knowing me, I will end up buying it anyway.

On 8/10/2020 at 2:21 AM, Spikey said:

Same. I usually never buy consoles on Day 1. Usually because there are glitches with them and waiting for the upgraded console.

I agree. And what is the rush? There aren't good titles that have been released, yet. The Xbox is useless without any decent games to play too. In conclusion, there are many drawbacks of buying a console on launch so it's best to wait. 

On 10/23/2020 at 7:34 PM, Alexander. said:

I agree. And what is the rush? There aren't good titles that have been released, yet. The Xbox is useless without any decent games to play too. In conclusion, there are many drawbacks of buying a console on launch so it's best to wait. 

I totally agree - buying anything on launch nowadays is extremely risky because they usually have some issues that gets patched/fixed after a few weeks. Normally, I like to wait a month or two before buying anything to avoid said issues.

I’ve always had or played on Xbox since the 360 but think I’m switching over to PlayStation for next gen. For me specs don’t really matter as I know both will perform just as well, so the biggest difference for me is actually the controller. Very unfortunate to see that the series is essentially the same and in a way, will feel the same. Also I play some games competitively which have exclusivity deals with PlayStation (comp scene is there).

On 2/20/2021 at 8:17 AM, Empire said:

I’ve always had or played on Xbox since the 360 but think I’m switching over to PlayStation for next gen. For me specs don’t really matter as I know both will perform just as well, so the biggest difference for me is actually the controller. Very unfortunate to see that the series is essentially the same and in a way, will feel the same. Also I play some games competitively which have exclusivity deals with PlayStation (comp scene is there).

Not only that but PlayStation has a lot more exclusives than XBox currently has and it's a shame too because at one point, Xbox had a whole host of games such as Mech Assault, Fable and others. Now it's just Halo and they're set to release a new Fable game but it won't be out for another year at least so that's that.

I am a sucker for Nintendo games so I would probably go with the new Nintendo. I still do not have a Switch so if they were to come out with an upgraded version of it, it might be my sign to pick one up!

I'm looking into getting an upgraded Switch when/if that comes out. I don't have any real use for 4K, as I can't see any difference, so if that's the only new feature, then I'm going to pass. But if it has Bluetooth capabilities, then I'm sold. having to use wired earbuds is a major bitch when I want the sound and I my girl wants to watch TV or something. It's usually hard for me to move rooms, so once I settle in one for the day, I don't leave it until bed. Also the damn cord gets in the way all the frickin time. So if I could just use my Raycons with it, you will have one happy bitch here.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 5/16/2021 at 11:51 AM, The Blackangel said:

I'm looking into getting an upgraded Switch when/if that comes out. I don't have any real use for 4K, as I can't see any difference, so if that's the only new feature, then I'm going to pass. But if it has Bluetooth capabilities, then I'm sold. having to use wired earbuds is a major bitch when I want the sound and I my girl wants to watch TV or something. It's usually hard for me to move rooms, so once I settle in one for the day, I don't leave it until bed. Also the damn cord gets in the way all the frickin time. So if I could just use my Raycons with it, you will have one happy bitch here.

I was going to buy a Switch but I'm waiting for the upgraded one as well because I'd like the updated features such as the Bluetooth connectivity among other things. I don't really care that much about the 4k screen either to be honest.