Register Now
Kane99

What is the easiest Esport to get started in?

I would love to try my hand at tournaments and gaming championships. I don't think I have the skill to win any events, but I would still love to partake. With that being said, what are the easiest games to get into for esports? I was thinking Star Craft 2 maybe, but I can see League of Legends being an option as well. What do you guys think? Any suggestions? 

On 7/31/2020 at 1:47 PM, Kane99 said:

I would love to try my hand at tournaments and gaming championships. I don't think I have the skill to win any events, but I would still love to partake. With that being said, what are the easiest games to get into for esports? I was thinking Star Craft 2 maybe, but I can see League of Legends being an option as well. What do you guys think? Any suggestions? 

I don't know much about League of Legends but I think the dudes in tournaments at the highest levels basically grinded their characters to a certain level, so based on that tip off I got, you would need to do some grinding.

All of the areas are hard, but I think third person shooters are easy (at least for me). Fighting games are both easy and hard, and it depends on which fighting game is currently "in power". The big fighting games now are Mortal Kombat 11 and Street Fighter V. MK11 is peanuts and Street Fighter V is going to depend on a few characteristics and preferences. 

MK11 is so easy that you could probably win one of the yearly circuit titles with like a month of training. Street Fighter V you can't really play at a professional or competent level with the PS4 controller and certainly no Xbox controller because you will get something called "input registration errors" -- where you try to do something and it comes it comes out wrong. A good example is the old school standard issued Xbox 360 controller. You can't use the joystick to play SV5 at a high level on that thing, and remember how the directional pad had little pieces of grey circular plastic filling in the spots between up and down, and so forth? Well that is what gives you the input registration errors and why the separation of the D-Pad on the PS3 and PS4 controllers was entirely superior to the xbox 360 controller for playing Mortal Kombat and/or NRS games at the time (Mortal Kombat/Injustice).

NRS games (Mortal Kombat/Injustice) have what they call "dial up" juggle combos and you can tap the inputs different than you would in a Street Fighter game, or a game similar to SF. Street Fighter uses all of those weird looking inputs and the best thing to do those on is a fight stick, which are anywhere from 60 to 200 dollars, and they are basically like ripping the oldschool arcade joystick area out of the slot in the arcade machine and putting the controller in your lap, with all of those big circular buttons and all. There are virtually no professionals in Street Fighter V who do not use a fight stick. So it'd be PS4 controller for MK11 or a fight stick for SV5; with a tough learning curve for operating the stick but some people can do it fast.

7 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

I don't know much about League of Legends but I think the dudes in tournaments at the highest levels basically grinded their characters to a certain level, so based on that tip off I got, you would need to do some grinding.

All of the areas are hard, but I think third person shooters are easy (at least for me). Fighting games are both easy and hard, and it depends on which fighting game is currently "in power". The big fighting games now are Mortal Kombat 11 and Street Fighter V. MK11 is peanuts and Street Fighter V is going to depend on a few characteristics and preferences. 

MK11 is so easy that you could probably win one of the yearly circuit titles with like a month of training. Street Fighter V you can't really play at a professional or competent level with the PS4 controller and certainly no Xbox controller because you will get something called "input registration errors" -- where you try to do something and it comes it comes out wrong. A good example is the old school standard issued Xbox 360 controller. You can't use the joystick to play SV5 at a high level on that thing, and remember how the directional pad had little pieces of grey circular plastic filling in the spots between up and down, and so forth? Well that is what gives you the input registration errors and why the separation of the D-Pad on the PS3 and PS4 controllers was entirely superior to the xbox 360 controller for playing Mortal Kombat and/or NRS games at the time (Mortal Kombat/Injustice).

NRS games (Mortal Kombat/Injustice) have what they call "dial up" juggle combos and you can tap the inputs different than you would in a Street Fighter game, or a game similar to SF. Street Fighter uses all of those weird looking inputs and the best thing to do those on is a fight stick, which are anywhere from 60 to 200 dollars, and they are basically like ripping the oldschool arcade joystick area out of the slot in the arcade machine and putting the controller in your lap, with all of those big circular buttons and all. There are virtually no professionals in Street Fighter V who do not use a fight stick. So it'd be PS4 controller for MK11 or a fight stick for SV5; with a tough learning curve for operating the stick but some people can do it fast.

Yeah I figure fighting games are the big one, but also the likes of COD, Fortnite, and maybe Apex Legends and other FPS and third person shooters. I don't think I could do fighting games, well maybe something like WWE 2K22, but that's about it. I don't have the patience to get good in fighting games these days lol. 

Call of duty has to be the bloodiest right I know quite a few players that are currently wrecking havoc in the game right now and to be honest I couldn't cope , I had to opt for the single player campaign.

League of legends could be  a little bit friendly to newbies and veterans alike.

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah I figure fighting games are the big one, but also the likes of COD, Fortnite, and maybe Apex Legends and other FPS and third person shooters. I don't think I could do fighting games, well maybe something like WWE 2K22, but that's about it. I don't have the patience to get good in fighting games these days lol. 

Nah; Mortal Kombat 11 is an easy fighting game. Apex Legends is difficult and based on grinding I think. Fortnite is difficult to get into at a pro level and I think you'd need to do it on PC. COD is good to try; not exactly rocket science on that game. I'd personally recommend Gears 5; very hard competition and tricky to learn but if you learn it then it's much easier. It comes down to whether or not you will be able to grasp how you play at a good level.

Easily can stage a Konami cup competition in the past, I don't know how that tournament is like at the moment. It's been a while for me with the tournament since PES rebranded their series. It used to be the easiest tournament to start with.