Register Now
Spikey

If you could only play 1 video game..

Let's have some fun with this topic. If you had to choose 1 video game console to play for the rest of your life what would it be?

As much as I love Play station I think I would have to choose the Super Nintendo. That gaming system really got me into video gaming when I was around 12 years old.

NES. No system can beat it. Games had a quality that has long since been lost. They were unique. Granted, there were a lot that we still see such as sports games, and a few franchises that are still running today. But on what other system do you see games like Marble Madness? Or how about Taboo: The Sixth Sense? Everything nowadays is a carbon copy or a sequel. Uniqueness was abandoned somewhere on the road.

I think I'd have to second the Super Nintendo, mainly because it approved upon the NES in many ways and had better games overall imo. NES was great, but it wasn't perfect. 

That or the PS2 for how many games it has. 

5 hours ago, KuroInDistress said:

If I have the choice of picking PC, Definitely PC and anyone would be stupid not to pick it.

But if PC isn't an option then perhaps either the PS4, with the switch being a close second

I would respectfully disagree that anyone would be stupid not to pick it. Many of the games I enjoy playing is not available on PC. Sure, PC games are great but the ones I usually play is only for consoles. So maybe those gaming companies are stupid then for not making the games available on PC  😁

I hate my HP computer, so I'm not going to be bullish in favor of PCs or any computer right now.  My computer is five years old.  I also have a twelve year old Dell that I got for Christmas '08, but that is used for playing Hoyle games while listening to old Metal CDs.

10 hours ago, KuroInDistress said:

If I have the choice of picking PC, Definitely PC and anyone would be stupid not to pick it.

But if PC isn't an option then perhaps either the PS4, with the switch being a close second

Great... another one of those.  I'm a PC gamer but I am able to recognise that some people just prefer the convienience and ease of use of a console, It doesn't mean their fucking stuipid!  keep your "Master Race" BS outta here.

On topic.... Probably PS2, unless it turns out that you can play all the previous generation on PS game's on the PS5 in which case I'll cheat and say that.

16 hours ago, KuroInDistress said:

I guess that means that I’m fucking stupid. I play almost all the systems I own, and have posted my current library more than once, but none of it is PC games.

Thank you, for letting me know that I’m a moron.

Asshole

Nintendo 64. I played so many games on that console and it was like a huge part of my childhood. If we are including PC though, then I would pick that hands down. I can play roms of my favorite games of the past while enjoying most new games. I haven't played on a console since 2013, that being the Xbox 360. I do plan on getting a Switch though when I can find one. 

@The Blackangel @Crazycrab @Spikey

Oops I'm sorry, I didn't realise I used such harsh language, didn't mean to offend anyone! Apologies again! 😞

As for why I think PC is the best choice is simply because of the fact of Emulation. With a Good PC, the only consoles you wouldn't be able to play would be the PS4 and Xboxone. Almost every other console can be emulated (Ones with spotty emulation though would be Switch, PS3, x360, but they've come along way).

So I didn't mean that PC has the best games, more or less that PC can get you access to more games even from your favorite consoles. Again, this is only in the situation where you would not be able to play any other game.

Again though, didn't mean to offend anyone or cause a debate 😛 My bad