Register Now
Kane99

Do you guys know of any game trading sites?

Does anyone here frequent any game trading sites? I've only known of a few myself, one that comes to mind is gametz. Another is Leaptrade and I know there was a few others, but I think they've all since closed shop. The only two that I am aware of still being active is the ones I mentioned. If you guys know of any others worth checking out, please do let me know. I'm considering trying facebook and other type of sites for their marketplaces.

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

You could always check out CraigsList. I've gotten a lot there.

I've utilized craigslist in the past. Not a fan of meeting people to buy something though, it always weirds me out lol. But, if I see something I really want, I'll go for it. It's the same with Facebook marketplace, that's also an option and on there some people ship.

3 hours ago, KuroInDistress said:

Are you looking to trade accounts or physical games? Can't see how you can overcome trading physical games without meeting up, and I believe account trading is banned on most platforms.

Oh nothing like account trading/selling. That is against the rules at both sites. The only things you can trade are physical games, or digital codes (not redeemed). Digital codes are sent through email or private messages I imagine, while physical games are sent out through the mail. Some other sites allow you to trade in controllers and other peripherals as well. 

On 8/5/2020 at 2:44 AM, Kane99 said:

Oh nothing like account trading/selling. That is against the rules at both sites. The only things you can trade are physical games, or digital codes (not redeemed). Digital codes are sent through email or private messages I imagine, while physical games are sent out through the mail. Some other sites allow you to trade in controllers and other peripherals as well. 

Right, I think these aren't very active since the game trading scene as a whole isn't active. I remember seeing some similar sites for the Nintendo DS Though. Quick google search mainly shows Leaptrade which you mentioned, that doesn't seem that active either

Gamestop is 100x better. At least you will be abe to get something you want at gamestop. At 99gamers, you will eventually be forced to over pay for some random game only based on the seller being a new user who doesn't know not to send out games.

LeapTrade and GameTz are both decent and recognized game trading communities. I know you're somewhat uncomfortable with meeting in person, but finding someone on the Facebook Marketplace is somewhat reassuring and also another place to trade games with others in your community.

GameTz also has an area for you to trade retro games and happens to be my favorite outpost for trading.

12 hours ago, Wolves said:

LeapTrade and GameTz are both decent and recognized game trading communities. I know you're somewhat uncomfortable with meeting in person, but finding someone on the Facebook Marketplace is somewhat reassuring and also another place to trade games with others in your community.

GameTz also has an area for you to trade retro games and happens to be my favorite outpost for trading.

Do they have a large variety of games? Or is it kinda dead?

4 hours ago, KuroInDistress said:

Do they have a large variety of games? Or is it kinda dead?

Game trading isn't a huge market so they probably aren't as busy as you'd like, but you can still make a post and wait for an email if someone's interested. LeapTrade is probably the larger of the few I mentioned. Good luck!