Register Now
Kane99

Do you collect gaming controllers?

I love collecting video game controllers. I have a bunch of them in a bin for various consoles. But what I most like to collect are the exclusive/special edition controllers. I have  a bunch on the 360, Xbox One, PS2, PS4 and so on. I also have a bunch of N64 controllers lying about as well as third party controllers. 

Do you guys like to collect controllers? What's your most prized possession? 

I used to collect Playstation One controllers back when I reviewed such products. The NeGCon (which I pronounced as "nej-ee-con" rather than "en-ee-gee-con" like I imagine it was supposed to be) was a weird but practical driving controller, and the oft forgotten Dual Analogue controller is Sony's finest due to its concaved rather than convexed analogue sticks. The Playstation Mouse is easily one of my favourites, especially for use in Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars, due to its Infamous Goat Puzzle.

It sounds amazing but it's not something that I take part in and honestly, not sure I would bother in the future either. I only keep gaming controllers that I actively use so if it's for an old console I don't have or it doesn't work, I will just get rid of it.

49 minutes ago, Darth said:

It sounds amazing but it's not something that I take part in and honestly, not sure I would bother in the future either. I only keep gaming controllers that I actively use so if it's for an old console I don't have or it doesn't work, I will just get rid of it.

This is just exactly the way it with my kid brother when it comes to getting consoles. He doesn't even keep the old one's he's played with. If he upgrades on his console, he gets rid of old ones. 

Unless it's someone special retro console, I just don't see the point in keeping them, to be honest especially with modern consoles being backwards compatible. I recently sold my PS4 because if I ever wanted to play a PS4 game again, I can just do that on the PS5. That way, I get a bit of extra money for the old PS4 and I clear up some space in my house too.

On 4/23/2022 at 12:33 PM, Empire said:

I do not, yet I do ahve two old PS2 controllers laying around 😉 they are just normal black edtion.

I didn't have to collect that because I had the purchased the console back then. The one's that I collect are the rare ones that I wouldn't even have to play with.