Register Now
Kane99

Do you have any unopened games in your collection?

Does anyone here have any unopened games in their collection? Maybe it's a game you never plan to play, or a game you bought and never opened. Maybe it's a game you hope to increase in value. I currently do not own any unopened games. I had a few for a brief time, but it was mainly because they were tossed into my backlog. But, I like to open new things, so I saw them on my shelf and figured why not, so I opened them. 

Anyway, do you have any rare games still unopened? 

Rare, no. The only unopened game I can think of that I have is Life Is Strange: Before The Storm at the moment. That's only because I'm still playing the first LIS, so I haven't seen a reason to open it as of yet. I know I have others, but I can't think of what they are.

Edited by The Blackangel

Well now that I think of it, I have some that are possibly rare. I honestly don't know since they're ROM-hacks.And to be honest with you, as far as this one is concerned, I will not be opening it up. It's collectible (obviously) and I can't get another one as far as I know. And since I have the games anyway that I can play, there's no reason to open it.

For those wondering, the B.S. on the middle one does NOT stand for bullshit, although that would be appropriate. It stands for Broadcast Satellaview. It was a broadcast tournament in Japan several years ago. Players had to log on for an hour at a specific time of the day, like 7:00 for example. It was based on a points system at the time if I remember correctly.

IMG_0763.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0765.JPG

Edited by The Blackangel

I stopped purchasing physical games for many years now. I mostly own a collection of digital ones on, Steam. I haven't got around to playing all of the electronic copies in my collection. There are some still which I haven't tried yet. This is my gaming backlog! 

Yeah, I feel like more people are going digital these days. The last game I purchased physically was probably GTA V on the Xbox One. I am getting Cyperpunk 2079 physical though for sure. Already got it pre-ordered. Just waiting for November to come. 😄 

17 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, I feel like more people are going digital these days. The last game I purchased physically was probably GTA V on the Xbox One. I am getting Cyperpunk 2079 physical though for sure. Already got it pre-ordered. Just waiting for November to come. 😄 

I think this is one reason many folks are making use of the steam and the EPIC store. Digital copies do come in handy even if you format the device. 

I've had a few unopened games, until recently when I decided to open them. No I wasn't hoping that they would go up in value I just bought them possibly in a supermarket discount basket and never got around to playing them. Or I have acquired them digitally so I never needed the physical media.

But about a year ago I opened the packaging on all of them.