Register Now
Kane99

Will the PS5 be the last PlayStation?

No, because CPU and GPU technology moves pretty fast, so in order for them to display the best image and have the most going on during gameplay, there will need to be new hardware added every few years. 

Only reason why OS can do this is because they can adapt things over time, however hardware cannot change without being replaced on it's own (so they could use the same GUI as the PS5 - but still unlikely). 

Consoles will be always made for many reasons, one of them is that not everyone is interested to know about Hardware and how it works, so people don't really care when buying a console since they know that it's made for gaming and can do it without any issues or problems to deal with .

Another reason is that consoles get issues less times than PC's do, since PC's are meant for different purposes unlike consoles that are made for gaming and a bit of media playback.

7 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Unless the world will be ending now, since the world isn't ending now, then their is always a high chances of new development in the video game industry, more new Gen consoles will emerge in the play station series. 

Gamers taste can never end and as long as they have that desire that Sony sees, they will keep upgrading their PS consoles. 

On 10/14/2021 at 8:32 AM, Heatman said:

Gamers taste can never end and as long as they have that desire that Sony sees, they will keep upgrading their PS consoles. 

Sure, gamers are always for improved gameplay when they discover that a new gen console brings just that, they'll simply get moved to buy and have a taste of the console. 

I don't think so. I don't think any gaming manufacturer will completely stop making consoles, even Microsoft is said to be working on a new model of Xbox better than the Series S & X right now. I don't see Sony stopping after the PS5. I could be wrong, but Cloud gaming isn't where it needs to be, so there will still be a need for stronger hardware & physical media, at least for awhile longer yet. 🙂

On 11/12/2022 at 8:44 PM, Shortie said:

I don't think so. I don't think any gaming manufacturer will completely stop making consoles, even Microsoft is said to be working on a new model of Xbox better than the Series S & X right now. I don't see Sony stopping after the PS5. I could be wrong, but Cloud gaming isn't where it needs to be, so there will still be a need for stronger hardware & physical media, at least for awhile longer yet. 🙂

I believe there are still generations of PlayStation console that are still going to be released in future.

Sony likes to give some time in between console release so maybe in four years we might get another console.

With every update in technology, consoles will continue to release to keep up. If consoles end in their line, then technology has reached its maximum potential. If technology renders consoles obsolete like VHS tapes and music tapes, then there will be something new that has evolved. Sony makes tv’s and speakers, so they could start integrating it in all their tv’s. And tv’s could become extra smart. 😉

On 11/23/2022 at 1:18 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

With every update in technology, consoles will continue to release to keep up. If consoles end in their line, then technology has reached its maximum potential. If technology renders consoles obsolete like VHS tapes and music tapes, then there will be something new that has evolved. Sony makes tv’s and speakers, so they could start integrating it in all their tv’s. And tv’s could become extra smart. 😉

That's completely true , they would always want to bring out new techs since and would want to try it out on other technology as well.

Video games consoles have improved over the years and I am really sure they would continue releasing more and more advanced consoles.

Nah, I don't think so. They might release older exclusives to PC slowly to tap into that market, but I believe their own consoles will always be their top priority. They have a solid hold of the console market, already make plenty of money, PS5 has great demand from what I've seen, why change things up?

As tech grows they will release another

2 hours ago, Empire said:

Nah, I don't think so. They might release older exclusives to PC slowly to tap into that market, but I believe their own consoles will always be their top priority. They have a solid hold of the console market, already make plenty of money, PS5 has great demand from what I've seen, why change things up?

As tech grows they will release another

Yeah I have a feeling with how things are changing, they will just adapt and create a new kind of console/hybrid. I think we're closing in on an all digital future anyway, so my guess is we'll see more consoles come out that are digital only and include something like GamePass and game streaming to draw more people in. 

The current gen of consoles is selling fairly well, making a lot of money. I think consoles are going to stick around, they're just going to be different. 

On 2/13/2023 at 2:15 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah I have a feeling with how things are changing, they will just adapt and create a new kind of console/hybrid. I think we're closing in on an all digital future anyway, so my guess is we'll see more consoles come out that are digital only and include something like GamePass and game streaming to draw more people in. 

The current gen of consoles is selling fairly well, making a lot of money. I think consoles are going to stick around, they're just going to be different. 

Can be a good thing. hardware is getting better and so they are getting smaller and so guessing that they get more powerful and also to mention that it's all started to be cloud based gaming. Gaming or playing and yet using GPU at another side of the world.