Register Now
Kane99

Will the PS5 be the last PlayStation?

Many times people have speculated that consoles will eventually stop being made, and will just be another PC. Do you ever thing that PlayStation will stop producing consoles? I personally don't think PlayStation will stop. Could they maybe stop at a certain number? 

I remember back before the PS2 came out, Sony released some commercials for a PlayStation 9. I remember them vividly, and I don't know if anyone else remembers them. It's clear it's meant to be a joke, but it kind of feels like Sony hopes to one day get to a PlayStation 9. Here's the commercial: 

They might stop at a certain number but they will probably change the console name like Xbox does with theirs.

I don't think any console company will stop making future consoles. People will always buy as many people enjoy playing video games.

It totally depends of the gamer, the consumer, companies have to adapt to what consumer want, but even if today the mobile market is strong as never before, people still want big games in consoles, while companies offer such games, there is a place for consoles. Also consoles are standardized and specialized, not all mobiles can run all the games, not all PCs can run all the games, such PCs are expensive, but if you buy a PS5 you will be sure you can run all the games for the next generation, not need for extra hardware.

3 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

How many people are going to be laughing when their grandchildren are playing the PS12 and seeing the PS5 as "stone age primitive"?

Not likely, they'll be playing the PlayStation Brain Chip, while we reminisce about good old days of controllers and VR.

Edited by Shagger

3 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Not likely, they'll be playing the PlayStation Brain Chip, while we reminisce about good old days of controllers and VR.

AKA for us old geezers that are past the expiration date printed on our asses, PS12.

Edited by The Blackangel

As long as there are supply and demand, then the answer is no. The Playstation 5 won't be the last console that sony offers to its consumers. Each day, technology and video games are evolving, and where there is a gap to fill in the industry, Sony will continue developing new systems.

Edited by Alexander.

On 8/23/2020 at 4:43 PM, KuroInDistress said:

Definitely not. Usually console generations lasted pretty long, but I feel with the growing interest in gaming they will get even shorter

That not really the case. Ever since the NES, launch dates between the release of new consoles has sat quite consistently at 6-7 years (give or take a year).