Register Now
clonefox

Anyone else feel like they are living in cuckoo land?

Between the virus, people protesting anything and everything, things being offensive that weren't just 5 minutes ago, and the general lack of common sense a lot of people out in the world have right now... I feel like I am living on another planet. I am not a very social person. I have a few close friends and mostly spend my time at home but 2020 sure has convinced me not to change this!

The world is seriously fucked up right now. People have been getting murdered around here with alarming frequency. Last week I believe 4 people were killed in 3 separate incidents, in 3 separate towns. I've been arming up. I have 2 extra guns on layaway, and I'm looking to get an AR15 as well. I have a gun within arms reach at all times, but that's nothing new, as I'm extremely paranoid. I don't even go to the bathroom unarmed.

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The world is seriously fucked up right now. People have been getting murdered around here with alarming frequency. Last week I believe 4 people were killed in 3 separate incidents, in 3 separate towns. I've been arming up. I have 2 extra guns on layaway, and I'm looking to get an AR15 as well. I have a gun within arms reach at all times, but that's nothing new, as I'm extremely paranoid. I don't even go to the bathroom unarmed.

A family friend told me I need get training and get a gun license just because no one knows where the world is heading anymore. So many people are on the edge and all's it takes if for enough people to start snapping and we will have a real problem. 

I get those days where my mind is elsewhere and people look at me as a weird cuckoo-land. Yesterday in fact, with what has been going around in the world and local day to day news, it affects everyone. More for others and less for some. Hell, each person is different and you have to live with it. Government and the US election is just banged up at the moment, and what a bad timing wasn't it?

I like chaos where you don't need to be. 

On 8/3/2020 at 11:47 AM, Shagger said:

I don't feel like I'm living on another planet, but I do want to.

lol. So true. Social Media has really made me lose faith in humanity. You have people eating their own poo just to go viral. I'm telling you that if aliens were trying to ascertain that intelligent life exists on this planet and came across social media, they'd rank us below all the wild animals in terms of intelligence.

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

lol. So true. Social Media has really made me lose faith in humanity. You have people eating their own poo just to go viral. I'm telling you that if aliens were trying to ascertain that intelligent life exists on this planet and came across social media, they'd rank us below all the wild animals in terms of intelligence.

Come on now, you know they wouldn't see us that intelligent. Unless they were drunk.

😉

Edited by The Blackangel

Yes I am living in Cuckoo Land with Trump because everyone hates him, and everybody likes him.  Just like Boris Johnson, stay in, don't stay in, go out, don't go out, go out, they are like father and son. I can't believe the world has come to this. 

1 minute ago, Alexander. said:

Yes I am living in Cuckoo Land with Trump because everyone hates him, and everybody likes him.  Just like Boris Johnson, stay in, don't stay in, go out, don't go out, go out, they are like father and son. I can't believe the world has come to this. 

I think the bigger pandemic is mental health issues from leaders and communities alike spitting bigotry and paranoia. A virus may be easier to develop a vaccine, but this mental health plague is gonna lead to far more deaths. I mean we literally had a trump appointed person to lead the CDC who was acting schizophrenic and spewing conspiracies who had to be placed on leave. This is not normal folks!!! Never allow it to be normal. 

Quote from In the Mouth of Madness: A reality is just what we tell each other it is. Sane and insane could easily switch places if the insane were to become the majority.

14 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I think the bigger pandemic is mental health issues from leaders and communities alike spitting bigotry and paranoia. A virus may be easier to develop a vaccine, but this mental health plague is gonna lead to far more deaths. I mean we literally had a trump appointed person to lead the CDC who was acting schizophrenic and spewing conspiracies who had to be placed on leave. This is not normal folks!!! Never allow it to be normal. 

Quote from In the Mouth of Madness: A reality is just what we tell each other it is. Sane and insane could easily switch places IF the insane were to become the majority.

It's a little late to say IF. We're well past that.

On 1/2/2021 at 10:27 AM, The Blackangel said:

It's a little late to say IF. We're well past that.

That much is obvious when Flat Earthers are actually taken seriously (despite the overwhelming evidence that proves otherwise) and people doing stupid challenges like light myself on fire challenge (I wish someone told them to pour lots of gasoline on themselves to ensure the fire is hard to be put out). I wouldn't be mad if some suicide bomber got hold of a couple of nukes and wiped out humanity. At this point, humans are far more of a destructive force to this planet and themselves than any other organism on this planet.