Register Now
maddyknox

Favorite Nintendo Console of All Time?

Yeah they have the new nintendo consoles, etc. but my favorite one will always be Super Nintendo. Maybe it has something to do with my limited ability to play 3D video games due to motion sickness (I can play, but for a short duration). But to me, there is nothing else like it. I love Super Mario and Super Mario World. I love it all. 

N64. Sony may great and revolutionary games came out for that console and so many memories. Open 3D worlds and 4-plyer multiplayer, it was just so fresh and exiting. Goldeneye, Zelda OOT, Banjo Kazooie, Mario 64, 1080 Snowboarding, Donky Kong 64, Lylat Wars (Starfox 64), so much good stuff. True, both the console and some of its games haven't aged as well as even some older systems like the NES and SNES, and I lived the PAL region which makes the console even harder to use today (All thanks to region locking and those goddamn Australians), but it's still holds a special place in my heart.

NES and SuperNES, if I had to choose only one I would choose SuperNES. It has the perfect balance between variety and quality. NES has great times too, but due the systmes limits it suffer on certain genres as fighting games. SuperNEs with its controller and chips offered a lot of opportunities to create great games, some of them based on NES classics but on steroids! Zelda  A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Super Castlevania, Contra III, Megaman X, Final Fantasy VI, Mario World. Also decent versions of cool arcade games as Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat. And of course new original games like Donkey Kong Country, Chrono Trigger or Mario RPG.

On 8/8/2020 at 6:15 AM, The Blackangel said:

SNES was an NES on steroids, true enough. But personally I love the look of 8 bit graphics over anything else in gaming.

I know, I’m weird.

You are not alone, I love NES sprites, I have t-shirts with sprites, I have even made some graphic hacks/mods, editing or creating NES sprites it's really fun for me. Often I use NES sprites as avatars or signs in forums. I like sprites in general but I think the NES ones are so iconic, that I could even tattoo some of them.

It' a hard question - there are so many great consoles which I have spent countless days playing. Like I've said before, it has to be the Nintendo Wii. It's my favourite of all time, and my favourite titles include Mario Kart, Skylanders, and Wii Fit. 

On 2/6/2021 at 6:32 PM, JennyorAlice said:

My favorite is the GameCube.  I love the games that they made for that console.  I would love it if they re-released some of them for the Switch.

Resident Evil and the Samus games were great titles as well not to mention Smash Bros Melee. We had whole tournaments for it every weekend back in the day.