Register Now
maddyknox

Favorite Nintendo Console of All Time?

My favorite Nintendo console without any doubt at all would have to be the Super Nintendo. I have so many memories of playing games with my brothers and my Mum on that console and one game that always jumps out at me every time I think of that console was Yoshi's Island. I absolutely loved that game and spent hours up on hours when I was younger playing that game. I recently played it again on the Nintendo Switch and it brought back so many memories. 

For me it's either the Super Nintendo or the Gamecube. If we're talking 2D then definitely SNES if we're talking 3D, it's definitely The Gamecube. The gamecube had great games on it like Resident Evil Remake, Resident Evil 4, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, and Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2. (what can I say, I LOVE PSO :D) 

If I had to pick one though? I'd say Super Nintendo, lots and lots of classic IPs were started on the SNES that are still going today. It's truly a classic console.

GameCube. Personal opinion.  The previous consoles were a great part of history and will always carry nostalgia, and they all contributed greatly to gaming, but the Switch truly showed that only Nintendo can do Nintendo. This was Nintendo saying they aren’t in the console wars anymore, they are their own category.

The Gamecube will always be my favorite Nintendo console. Sure the Wii is backwards compatible with it, but I never really cared for the motion controls for the Wii. I got my Gamecube before my PS2, so it was my main console for the sixth generation of gaming. I got it for Christmas of 2004 as mentioned in another thread. I think it was a underrated console, in fact I thought the graphics looked better than the PS2.

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

You do realize that you still use a Game Cube controller on the Wii to play Game Cube games, right?

Yes but I still prefer the Gamecube because of the design lol. Not to mention the Wii name is still lame IMO, their prototype name was much better than the final name. Sure maybe those aren't the best reasons to not really care for a console, but meh.

Super Nintendo was the console I enjoyed the most as a kid and young adult. I did get the N64 but shortly after that I got into work, bars, and girls, and video games took a back seat. I didn't return to video games until I was married with little ones of my own and I got a Wii and that was memorable too, but not as much as my Super Nintendo years.

On 12/26/2023 at 9:26 AM, The Blackangel said:

You do realize that you still use a Game Cube controller on the Wii to play Game Cube games, right?

Funny enough, I only found this out when I had just sold my WII. In my opinion, I think the WII and WII U were way ahead of their time in terms of what they were trying to implement. It's the execution that was extremely poor by Nintendo.