Register Now
maddyknox

Will Virtual Reality Games be the Future for All Games?

Aside from online gaming, they won’t have to go the way of the dodo. By the time you’re thinking of, the online games people play today won’t be supported anymore.

As for VR being the norm, I honestly don’t see that happening. There is a huge number of gamers who couldn’t do it. Those with limited mobility, and psychological issues come to mind. I’m in both situations for example. It may be a lot more popular at that time than it is now, but I don’t think it’s gonna be replacing anything.

Humans are eventually gonna devolve into cyborgs. As we see animals being able to play games now, with things wired to their brains, then eventually humans can work from home if they have a job that operates tech of some sort. They can just VR it from home while you control something in a factory miles away. Medical technology will replace actual organs in the body, bones for movement, eyesight, reproduction even. Anything that is electrical can be controlled through VR. You would be able to cook a meal sitting in bed, then switch screen to killing zombies, then bang your neighbor virtually, then picture yourself laying on the beach. That first black and white tv and computer were only the beginning. 

On 8/4/2020 at 2:27 AM, maddyknox said:

Do you think in 30 or 40 years, VR games will be the norm? It would be sad to see classics disappear but I am kinda excited to see what the future holds. 

It's definitely going to be very difficult for VR games to take over completely. Not even everyone is into it. There are some people it freaks out.