Register Now
Kane99

Played a game so much it broke?

Have you ever played a game so much, that it eventually broke? I think this has happened for just one game, and it was my first copy of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The inner portion of the disc started to crack, and eventually it just came apart and was rendered useless. It also didn't help I had the original Xbox, and I moved my console slightly and it created a circular scratch on my disc. So that for sure added to it. But, it still worked until the crack happened. 😞

Anyway, what's a game you played so much, you ended up destroying it instead? 

I had this type of experience with Final Fantasy X on the PS2.  The disc scratched so at a certain point in the game it would just freeze up.  I ended up buying another (used) copy but that also ended up getting scratched, but at a different point.  What I ended up having to do on subsequent re-plays was play the game up to a certain point on one disc and then switch to the other!

On 8/5/2020 at 11:56 AM, The Blackangel said:

If you're talking about the game just wearing out from repeated plays, I've had a couple wear out that had to be replaced. If you're talking about wearing out because I put a large amount of buckshot into it, then I've had countless wear out.

Yeah, mostly referring to wearing out over time. 🙂  I figure most of us would have had the problem. My copy of GTA San Andreas is near death, but it still runs like a champ.

Unfortunately, my answer to your question is yes. It was Call Of Duty Black Ops. I can remember playing countless hours of Zombies and hearing my disk spinning inside my Xbox 360. One day, some maps stopped working and kept freezing, and soon later, the whole disk wouldn't load. When COD wouldn't start, I examined the CD, and this is when I realised the scratches. 

Edited by Alexander.

My PS Street Fighter Alpha 3 disc has some issues when loading, specially Rolanto stage.

The biggest problem is hardware, as with my controllers, many of them got worn out. I had to buy a second set of controller for SNES, my Game Cube controllers C-stick are a little worn, the N64 sticks, and my Wii nunchuck stick but not too much.

The worst was for my DS Lite, but I think was my nephew, the top part is loose, so it doesn't stand anymore, it goess all back or get closed, not between.