Register Now
Spikey

Video Game Rage

I used to have a really bad temper when it came to video games before. I'm autistic, and let's say I once lent credence to the whole "autistic screeching" derogatory meme, as I would howl like a banshee and smack my controller against my chair, and do all sorts of things in a fit of impotent rage. I think I finally stopped when I once smacked my dad's laptop screen.... whilst wearing a ring. The colour bleeding as the laptop slowly but surely died out scared the daylights out of me, and thankfully my dad forgave the incident because it was an old laptop and he wasn't using it anyway.

Since then I've been a lot more mindful of my outbursts, and today I'm completely uncaring about game rage. I have my partner to thank for my zen state, as she's the person who I save my energy for, harnessing any frustration I might have over a game to turn into creative ideas for entertaining her.

I'm usually pretty relaxed when i game. Worst I get is say, "Oh cmon, really?" Then impatiently wait for the reload after I die again over something stupid. If I get to a point where it's a bit difficult and after a number of attempts I will stop it there for another day and play something else. Matter of fact, I did that last night. 

Do I get made when I lose to struggle with a particular game? Of course but I have never raged over a game. I honestly think it's crazy that people can't control themselves enough to not throw a controller or device when they lose 😅

8 hours ago, Empire said:

Take a break! Talk a walk! Enjoy the myriad other things you can be doing with your life. And if games are making you rage, maybe game Less. Radical idea I know, but man... I barely rage at games anymore since: my daughter was born, and I started going for walks. Life is so much better now.

It's actually easier said than done. Normally I do not have such high temperament, but I know some people who are really outraged. They too have broken the controllers and mouses, later on they had to regret for that. 

21 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Lol. 😆 Are you talking about your driving skills? I mean, tell those drivers to have their hands first on Euro truck simulator. 😂

I never had such issues like breaking my controller or something, I play just for fun and take games as entertainment purposes only.

I was angrier after I first moved to Virginia in '04.  I have Asperger's.  All of this is a reason, not an excuse.

2 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Whenever I lose a final match with A1 playing FIFA I feel the pain like it's a real life completive game, Lol. I don't normally eat my meals properly that moment. 

Lol. 😃 You shouldn't do that. Literally I am saying. I know sometimes we get too attached to our games that we can't handle the sadness of losing or excitement of losing. But you should atleast take meal properly. 😊

Edited by Razor1911

1 minute ago, Razor1911 said:

Lol. 😃 You shouldn't do that. Literally I am saying. I know sometimes we get too attached to our games that we can't handle the sadness of losing or excitement of losing. But you should atleast take meal properly. 😊

Laughs, such happened to me in the past when I was so addicted to games. Now my time with the internet have reduced my appetite for gaming, even when I have a game shop at my locality I don't often play. Those feelings then when I lose a final against A1 makes me sad, losing my appetite to eat, but now I can eat,even if I lose a world cup final match with A1, Lol. 😂😂😂.

1 minute ago, Head_Hunter said:

Laughs, such happened to me in the past when I was so addicted to games. Now my time with the internet have reduced my appetite for gaming, even when I have a game shop at my locality I don't often play. Those feelings then when I lose a final against A1 makes me sad, losing my appetite to eat, but now I can eat,even if I lose a world cup final match with A1, Lol. 😂😂😂.

Well, the excitement really dies down with time. I had been huge fan of Halo  when initially played around in 2012. But ever since I completed the game, I purchased and played the second and third edition but didn't had the same amount of excitement. 😊

4 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Well, the excitement really dies down with time. I had been huge fan of Halo  when initially played around in 2012. But ever since I completed the game, I purchased and played the second and third edition but didn't had the same amount of excitement. 😊

I think maturity is part of the reason why I don't feel so much pressure anymore when it comes to skipping meals when never I didn't get the best out of an event in the video game. Now I play for fun undermining the heart break when I lose to A1. 

On 9/17/2021 at 6:24 PM, Razor1911 said:

Lol. 😆 Are you talking about your driving skills? I mean, tell those drivers to have their hands first on Euro truck simulator. 😂

I never had such issues like breaking my controller or something, I play just for fun and take games as entertainment purposes only.

You're quite the calm type when it comes to your rage level. If it's that up, you must have broken a few of your controllers like most of us 😂

20 minutes ago, Heatman said:

You're quite the calm type when it comes to your rage level. If it's that up, you must have broken a few of your controllers like most of us 😂

Only thing I had broken was toys in my childhood. My mom used to tell me that I was really a careless child then. But ever since I grown up, I never had broken anything out of rage. I had broken our 43 inch LED TV mishandling, but that's a different issue. 😆

6 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Only thing I had broken was toys in my childhood. My mom used to tell me that I was really a careless child then. But ever since I grown up, I never had broken anything out of rage. I had broken our 43 inch LED TV mishandling, but that's a different issue. 😆

Damaging of toys as a kid can come in may ways like dragging the toys with your peer. It's something that happened with me very often. 

Yeah, mishandling is definitely different from damage out of rage.