Register Now
The Blackangel

Recommendations for a gaming laptop

I know you said money is no issue, but I would still avoid any laptop that claims to be capable of 4K gaming. On a screen the size of a laptop's, 4K resolution is pointless and will only serve to make the laptop more expensive, torture its battery and be louder and heavier than it needs to be.I've told @skyfirethe same thing, I would recommend the laptop I bought near the end of last year, the ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DV, at least as a minimum, a place to start. I would say you will have to by another storage drive though, so consider that when it comes to pricing.

FX505DV.thumb.PNG.e1c0fc1434cfeda0e38c3bbd1ff2ab14.PNG

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Money is no issue for this question.

What is the absolute best gaming laptop available?

If money is no object then your choice would be in the region of these two. Exibit A being for your 4K graphical fidelioty nerd:

A4yRvy8.png

Exhibit A

Then exhibit B for the framerate e-sports nerd:

2EO9IHm.png

Exhibit B

In my ideal scenario you would have the hardware and cool secondary touch screen form exhibit A but with the 17.3' 1080p 300Hz G-Sync display from exhibit B.

1 hour ago, Spikey said:

Those are really expensive laptops! I would never buy a laptop that much because they can still easily break and they don't last that long. Let us know what laptop you end up buying! 🙂

I think her question was hypothetical, I don't believe she is actually considering a purchase.  If she (and by extension anybody) is then I don't recommend it because Nvidia's 3000/AMD's RDNA Navi 2 series GPUs and AMD's Ryzen 4000 series CPUs are right round the corner these aren't going to be the top dogs for much longer anyway.

Can't say I'm shocked. A hand built desktop with similar specks and screen would probably be around $2,000-$2,500. The thing about laptops is how the value alters the more powerful they are, you have to spend a lot more to get a bit more.  Mine, for example is not much more expensive than a desktop equivalent, but the more powerful a laptop gets the more expensive it becomes compared to a desktop counterpart because they need higher speck cooling systems to stop them overheating in the much smaller frame a laptop has. It's still a good buy. Congratulations.