Register Now
Kane99

Do you watch lets plays over actual games?

Do you guys ever watch lets plays for actual games you want to play? Or games you think you never will play? I've done my fair share of this myself. I usually watch horror games played out, as I'm never any good with them, and it brings me anxiety to play them lol. 

I find lets plays to be fine to watch. Sometimes I'll watch them with commentary, mainly because I like the person streaming. But other times I just want to see and hear the story play out. Some games I can't play, and some I just don't want to because the controls weird me out, or it's a game I know I'd suck at. 

Do you guys do this? If so, what games did you watch instead of play? 

4 hours ago, skyfire said:

Lets play = gameplays? If so then yes, the reason being a lot of physics based games and the puzzle games are harder to solve on our own. And we have to check out for the gameplays in that case. 

Yeah pretty much. Though they will also show the story in full, so all cut-scenes will be played. I like to watch a mix of commentary and no commentary. I only watch games I plan to never play, or wish to play and can't. And I'll sometimes watch them to help me through certain levels. 

Of course. Watching let's plays doesn't provide me with the same experience as playing the game myself, but it's an added factor which helps me with my purchasing decision. Even if I dislike the game, I'll watch the gameplay because I'm a fan of their channel. 

Edited by Alexander.

On 8/9/2020 at 8:21 AM, Spikey said:

Sometimes I will watch video gameplay if I am stuck on a level or if im thinking of getting a game.

Same here with me. I mostly watch Youtube videos in order get rid from the level where i am stuck

Yes I also do watch game play when I buy new games and I stuck in games. When I bought Fifa first, I have to watch it before I understand how can I control the games and how I can build of skills. It's quite fun to watch it before you play the real game.

On 8/10/2020 at 12:01 AM, AndreiMirfi said:

I only watch gameplays with no commentaries, when I want to get a new game.

But youtube does not allow that considering it leads to duplicate content. so they prefer having the commentary.