Register Now
Kane99

Trump banned TikTok and WeChat. Are video games next?

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/trump-banned-tiktok-and-wechat-are-video-games-next/ar-BB17I1Zl

So it looks like Trump was true to his word, he banned TikTok and WeChat. This is a very scary situation, in that this could mean other sites/apps/programs could be banned at the presidents discretion. And I understand the reason it was banned is because they're apps based in China. TikTok has been in the news for privacy concerns, and it's true to worry about that app. But I don't know if anyone should be able to ban an app. 

This isn't about tiktok and we chat though. This concerns video games. With this recent ban, could video games be next on the list? Since Chinese company Tencent owns a stake in many popular companies and games (Fortnite, league of legends, Epic Games, Ubisoft, activision, blizzard, etc). This could mean that games from those companies, potentially could be included in a ban. 

The article is an interesting read, and it does scare me a bit. I hope this doesn't result in any of those games/companies getting banned. 

Around the world the ban on chinese games already started and there is nothing wrong with that. Considering china is keeping the countries hostages by making them dependent on the cheap products, video games, transaction companies and the servers. And later invading their lands. 

Only way out of this for the companies is to be in nation which is not enemy of any other nations say like switzerland etc where the money can be easily transacted and they are not invasive like china or even say like USA. 

There is a life beyond video games and new generation if blindly believes in china being their ally or friend because lot of games come from them, they are in denial and they should stand by their own country and not get sucked into chinese tricks of manipulation. 

Naw we have nothing to worry about for Video games. If he does ban video games from China then video game companies in North America and elsewhere will have to step up their game.

Edited by Spikey

4 minutes ago, Zro said:

India banned TikTok + 59-Apps within 12 hours last month. China banned Google, Facebook, YouTube without warning 😕

China is a communist country lol. US companies have always (and will always) be banned from China

Anyways this is a great decision by Trump and I think Democrats would agree. TikTok should not be allowed in the US as long as it is owned by a Chinese company.

1. Our data is being sold to the Chinese government

2. China doesn't allow US companies in their country. Why should we permit theirs in our country? What's fair is fair.

We all know China is a communist nation. But what people refuse to acknowledge and/ir admit is that the US is a fascist nation. Go look into fascism. There’s no denying it. The one and only reason Adolf attacked TikTok was because he wasn’t profiting from it. There was absolutely no other motive or factors involved.

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The one and only reason Adolf attacked TikTok was because he wasn’t profiting from it.

I don't know about you. But in South east asian regions, especially indonesia and thailand, the tiktok is being used as underage kids being displayed in wrong way. And that's one reason parents don't want titktok in the hands of the kids or even in the hands of adults. Chinese apps are also known to ask for phones memory and the network permission that practically means they can upload the private data of users. Fascist or not, but I'd love to see all the nations united against china. Fascism is easier to deal with but something like china that sent virus and the digital monopoly? you can't deal with that. 

On 8/8/2020 at 10:59 PM, DC said:

China is a communist country lol. US companies have always (and will always) be banned from China

Anyways this is a great decision by Trump and I think Democrats would agree. TikTok should not be allowed in the US as long as it is owned by a Chinese company.

1. Our data is being sold to the Chinese government

2. China doesn't allow US companies in their country. Why should we permit theirs in our country? What's fair is fair.

I agree. I hope they go after Tencent next. This chinese company has too much reach in the Gaming industry among other industries as well.

On 8/8/2020 at 10:59 PM, DC said:

Are you fucking nuts? Adolf has never made any form of good decision. The only good decision he could ever make is to put a bullet through his own head. Granted TikTok is a problem, but that was known years ago, and Adolf did nothing. The only reason he got involved is as I already stated. He wasn't making any money from it. Another factor could be that he is going to be moving back to tRump Tower in November when Biden moves into the White House, and he's whining and bitching about that.

6 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Granted TikTok is a problem, but that was known years ago,

It's not just tiktok. it's every chinese company setting it's foot into other countries and slowly making people use their products sold on cheap, buying their govt and then capturing their private data and selling marxism in that country. 

Do you know Tibet is now property of china? the way at which china is moving, next is bangladesh, indonesia, philipines, India, pakistan, sri lanka and other asian belt in SE. 

This has gone way beyond Trump's bad decision and Trump is evil. 

This is global dictatorship problem of china. 

Tibet has always been an issue with the Chinese government. They have claimed Tibet as theirs for as long as I can remember. Probably since before I was even born. While at the same time, Tibet has claimed independence from China. I think it was a soccer game a couple years ago that China banned because in the countries it listed Tibet as a completely independent nation. The Chinese government wants to dominate the entire south east part of Asia and Oceania. And I don't see them giving up until they achieve that goal, whether it be through peaceful annexation or war is irrelevant.

It is relevant because if china sets out to do that, only countries siding with those nations would be US, Russia, Israeal. And so what the presidents of these nations say on the matter, does matter. In this case, whether you like it or not, the opinion of US president does matter against chian and helps sets the tone of rest of the nations against china does matter too. And considering china released covid-19 before attacking south east nations, islands nearby, yes the other world power nations standing against china is necessary. Maybe trump could be conflict for you but rest of the nations need whatever president US can offer in this situation. 

Covid is not a biological weapon. You missed my point entirely when I said irrelevant. What i said was they are going to do it. Whether they go to war to take over, or do it peacefully through negotiations doesn't matter. They will still take over. What you're doing is romanticizing the entire situation and comparing it to Nazi Germany.

The US may ally itself to other nations, but it's none of our fucking business to get involved. I seem to remember a situation that was similar to this. What was it called.... OH! Yes, it was called THE VIETNAM FUCKING WAR. None of our business. We got involved with something that inevitably didn't make any difference for our involvement.

@skyfire Maybe you should be a US citizen before you start lecturing one on US politics.