Register Now
Kane99

Trump banned TikTok and WeChat. Are video games next?

Hi everyone. This is a polite reminder that the VGR forums has a separate section to debate politics, and for a reason. I understand that the issue described in the OP has relevance to tech and, in a hypothetical manner, gaming as well. With that said though, and reading through the more recent responses, I feel the original topic has started to get lost within the politics surrounding it. So I politely ask, can we please turn the topic back to the specifics of the original post? People are more than free to debate politics, but just in the correct section of the forum. Thank you.

Edited by Shagger

On 8/14/2020 at 2:50 PM, skyfire said:

It is relevant because if china sets out to do that, only countries siding with those nations would be US, Russia, Israeal. And so what the presidents of these nations say on the matter, does matter. In this case, whether you like it or not, the opinion of US president does matter against chian and helps sets the tone of rest of the nations against china does matter too. And considering china released covid-19 before attacking south east nations, islands nearby, yes the other world power nations standing against china is necessary. Maybe trump could be conflict for you but rest of the nations need whatever president US can offer in this situation. 

You say the opinion of the president matters on China, but Hong Kong lost democracy and protested, where was trump? China cracked down on them in a manner of crimes against humanity. Where was Trump? Oh yeah he was sending unmarked agents in unmarked vehicles and kidnapped American protestors in a country of democracy. And Trump agrees China should detain ethnic minorities in concentration camps. What planet are you from? Fascist Moon Shine? 

All this talk on China and the real threat happening right now and happened in 2016 is Russia's interference in our elections which is our greatest backbone of democracy. Just today in the news Russia once again hacked the DNC. Russia's talking points on hate is the same Trump is making and other politicians in his administration. Multiple people around him have prison sentences. He is a criminal hiding behind the presidency and trying to tear down this country for his benefit of authoritarianism to get rich and powerful. I can go on and on while the liar snotzie is trying to destroy our postal service to prevent people from mail in voting during a pandemic. He just illegally told his people to go and vote twice. Wake the F up! 

On 8/16/2020 at 5:02 PM, Shagger said:

Hi everyone. This is a polite reminder that the VGR forums has a separate section to debate politics, and for a reason. I understand that the issue described in the OP has relevance to tech and, in a hypothetical manner, gaming as well. With that said though, and reading through the more recent responses, I feel the original topic has started to get lost within the politics surrounding it. So I politely ask, can we please turn the topic back to the specifics of the original post? People are more than free to debate politics, but just in the correct section of the forum. Thank you.

Sorry, didn't see the last post