Register Now
Kane99

Do you think the next Silent Hill games will be good?

Silent Hill doesn't have a great track record. The first 3 games are considered the best of the bunch, with 4 the room, being up there as well. But ever since there hasn't really been a fitting Silent Hill game, unless you want to count shattered memories on the Wii, which I hear is actually quite good. 

The rest were particularly mediocre. But, can a new Silent Hill game actually be good? I want to see Silent Hill come back, but I have my doubts about Konami and whether or not they can actually do games right again. 

I don't think they have plans to do a remake, if anything, they'd make a completely new game in the series, or start fresh with an outright reboot. 

Now that I think of it, Konami has plans for new Silent Hill games, so, maybe we're going to get a remake for the first 3 games. Kind of like how Capcom did with remaking Resident Evil 1-3. Konami would be crazy not to jump on the bandwagon and produce an updated remake of the first 3 games. I'd buy that. 

Plus, they kind of screwed fans over with their original HD edition as it was a mess of a game, and was never patched on the xbox 360. The PS3 version got a patch, but it still had tons of problems from what I heard. 

On 8/24/2020 at 11:19 AM, KuroInDistress said:

They should take a beat from Resident Evil with their remakes. Quite faithful and done well, if so I think Silent hill could do well.

But then reboot, remake and just changing graphics here and there does not really make new game. keyword being NEW. 

On 8/25/2020 at 7:22 PM, skyfire said:

But then reboot, remake and just changing graphics here and there does not really make new game. keyword being NEW. 

Yeah but it sets the foundation, and will bring back a large audience as well. Sort of like Resident Evil 7, albeit that was before the remakes

On 8/31/2020 at 7:06 PM, KuroInDistress said:

Yeah but it sets the foundation, and will bring back a large audience as well. Sort of like Resident Evil 7, albeit that was before the remakes

Not really there are a lot of games rebooted with slight change in graphics and added zero new stuff in it. so not really worth it.

In a now removed video interview with Akira Yamaoka (past composer for the Silent Hill series), he mentioned he was working on something that will be announced in the summer, and that it's something people are looking forward to. Many speculate that it could be a new Silent Hill from Konami. 

What do you think they'll have planned for the new game if that's so? 

You can also read about this here - VG247

On 2/6/2021 at 3:54 PM, Kane99 said:

In a now removed video interview with Akira Yamaoka (past composer for the Silent Hill series), he mentioned he was working on something that will be announced in the summer, and that it's something people are looking forward to. Many speculate that it could be a new Silent Hill from Konami. 

What do you think they'll have planned for the new game if that's so? 

You can also read about this here - VG247

Konami is open to loaning out their license for Silent Hill due to their current financial situation. I wish Capcom would produce the next game in conjunction with Akira.