Register Now
Kane99

Cheating in Esports

On 8/9/2020 at 7:49 AM, Kane99 said:

It seems cheating in esports happens fairly often. Some who use blatant cheats, while others may screen peek or use a glitch to their advantage. But, it's oh so nice when the cheaters get caught. Here's a video from a few months ago about people caught cheating in esports. Check it. 

Karl Jobst on YouTube exposes them all the time, but he goes after Billy Mitchell very often who I am personally still undecided on to be honest.

There are some pretty pathetic people on that channel though, but I can't figure out how to post links.

On 8/9/2020 at 10:21 AM, Alexander. said:

Exciting and at the same time, informative video you've posted. Gamers are only cheating themselves if they choose to. I thought there was anti-cheat technology from the stage and online to prevent these types of scandals. Unfortunately, people will do anything for victory and money. 

Nope. There are virtually endless techniques that frauds use to cheat, but they are not unbeatable. It's really laziness on behalf of law enforcement and e-sports regulatory agencies. When money is involved, it is a crime.

1 hour ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

Karl Jobst on YouTube exposes them all the time, but he goes after Billy Mitchell very often who I am personally still undecided on to be honest.

There are some pretty pathetic people on that channel though, but I can't figure out how to post links.

I was catching some stuff on Facebook a while back about streamers who cheat in game and get caught while they're streaming. I've wathced The King of Kong I think it was, and honestly loved that story. Billy Mitchell is a fun character though, he made that movie. 

In order to post links, I believe you have to meet a certain amount of posts. At least that's what I imagine. I see you have 20 posts, I think you may need to reach 25 in order to post links, but not 100% sure. 

1 hour ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

Nope. There are virtually endless techniques that frauds use to cheat, but they are not unbeatable. It's really laziness on behalf of law enforcement and e-sports regulatory agencies. When money is involved, it is a crime.

I saw a video a while back about people catching someone hacking in a tournament. I guess the crew figured it out, and while they were questioning him, he was attempting to delete the hacks. 

I could see a bunch of people hacking in tournaments if it's tough to catch. Makes you wonder how many use cheats to get ahead. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I was catching some stuff on Facebook a while back about streamers who cheat in game and get caught while they're streaming. I've wathced The King of Kong I think it was, and honestly loved that story. Billy Mitchell is a fun character though, he made that movie. 

In order to post links, I believe you have to meet a certain amount of posts. At least that's what I imagine. I see you have 20 posts, I think you may need to reach 25 in order to post links, but not 100% sure. 

I saw a video a while back about people catching someone hacking in a tournament. I guess the crew figured it out, and while they were questioning him, he was attempting to delete the hacks. 

I could see a bunch of people hacking in tournaments if it's tough to catch. Makes you wonder how many use cheats to get ahead. 

There's a ton of fraud. It has been endless based on what I've seen. 

48 minutes ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

There's a ton of fraud. It has been endless based on what I've seen. 

It's kinda scary too, considering that it's probably hard to catch some cheaters. Hearing that some pro players are caught, years later using cheats and hacks, is crazy to me. I've played against cheaters and hackers. It makes me wonder how many of the "good" players I played against back in the day, were actually cheating and hacking. 

Is there some kind of testing players do to be added to a team or organization? I figure they don't just let anyone on the team, so they have to be well vetted I would hope. 

Cheating in an active e-sports competition with a price attached to it takes away the real purpose why the competition was initiated In the first place.

I have noticed cheating in various E-sports MMO'S and it's basically for less competitive gaming , I haven't been in any e-sports competition with a price attached to it but I learnt a lot about the legal tendencies in another thread about e-sports here.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

Cheating in an active e-sports competition with a price attached to it takes away the real purpose why the competition was initiated In the first place.

I have noticed cheating in various E-sports MMO'S and it's basically for less competitive gaming , I haven't been in any e-sports competition with a price attached to it but I learnt a lot about the legal tendencies in another thread about e-sports here.

Monetization spoiled everything for us when it comes to online activities. If not for the monetary reward set aside for esports players they wouldn't bring the act of cheating to bypass the system and get their reward. Due process should be applied and deal with anyone that falls prey of the ethics of esports events. 

4 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Monetization spoiled everything for us when it comes to online activities. If not for the monetary reward set aside for esports players they wouldn't bring the act of cheating to bypass the system and get their reward. Due process should be applied and deal with anyone that falls prey of the ethics of esports events. 

I think this is just like every other competitive activity like the champions league, world cup , Olympics and so on where money or other Prices is awarded to the deserving winners.

Cheating is one vice that had been displayed in various levels in politics and even In School examination.

If we could work on our values and try to avoid doing the wrong things because of our personal gains not minding who is hurt in the process we would do just fine.

4 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I think this is just like every other competitive activity like the champions league, world cup , Olympics and so on where money or other Prices is awarded to the deserving winners.

Cheating is one vice that had been displayed in various levels in politics and even In School examination.

If we could work on our values and try to avoid doing the wrong things because of our personal gains not minding who is hurt in the process we would do just fine.

Definitely we'll do fine, if we rely in our individual abilities, study hard and do other things right by following it's steps or instructions. Instead of looking out for the easy way round. 

It never fails to amaze me the excuses that they will use for cheating or hacking in a game even though they were caught red handed doing so. It really is like because they are a professional e-sports player they can just get away with it and they wouldn't possibly do such a thing, even though the footage is now viral on the internet. I can never understand what their mentality is when they do these things because if they get caught, they have so much to lose. In my opinion if you cheat or hack you deserve to lose your accounts and no matter who you are or how famous you are, that should never be an excuse to get away with it.