Register Now
Kane99

Cheating in Esports

It seems cheating in esports happens fairly often. Some who use blatant cheats, while others may screen peek or use a glitch to their advantage. But, it's oh so nice when the cheaters get caught. Here's a video from a few months ago about people caught cheating in esports. Check it. 

Exciting and at the same time, informative video you've posted. Gamers are only cheating themselves if they choose to. I thought there was anti-cheat technology from the stage and online to prevent these types of scandals. Unfortunately, people will do anything for victory and money. 

Edited by Alexander.

I kind of think that E-Cycling one was quite funny. That player was smart, or was smart until he got caught. Nobody would have been suspicious about a bike  until he did what he did to make it a lot better without doing much work.

Twitch really came down with the hammer this last year. It really does amaze me how some of these eSport champs can sign these exorbitant deals to ultimately cheat and lose everything. I lose a lot of respect for guys that take advantage of gaming and it's even more embarrassing when they're famous. 

That's disgusting. The forsaken (CSGO player you see in the OP video) was really bad for the CSGO scene.

Unfortunately there are few pros that cheat - they're afraid to not perform good enough on their team, and they do this. There are a lot of money in play here.

Cheating should be a lifetime ban if you ask me.The US bobsled team lost their medals in the 1972 Olympics when it was discovered that the team captain had hid weights in the front of the sled to make it go faster. Lance Armstrong was stripped of his titles and banned from competitive cycling when it was found out that he was doping. Why should cheating in eSports be any different?

Edited by The Blackangel

I remember watching a CS:GO tournament match when the player in question was on the second floor of a map nearby a ladder (the ladder hole was the only part of the floor that was open), and suddenly he started shooting at someone on the lower floor quite a few steps away from the ladder right on the head when he had absolutely no vision. The shots couldnt pass the floor but it was like 10 'headshot attempts'. Twitch chat calling VAC flooded it for 5 minutes lmao.

23 hours ago, tdbnz said:

Cheating is bad , don't ever do it not worth it , Just practice until you are good

I will admit that as a goof I cheat at Monopoly. I think it's funny when I get caught, and I own up to it. But if I'm not caught I keep what I got. And when I join in a game I always make sure to let everyone know that I cheat, just because I think it's funny. So they need to watch me. If there's someone with a real problem with that, then I remove myself from the game before it starts. But if everyone is on the same wavelength as me, I play. It's a way to get a few laughs and keep everyone on their toes. But I have seen some play that game as if it was a life or death matter. Those people I don't play with.

I don't mind cheating in games if everyone involved is allowed to do so as well, and it's on some private server where people can't get into any trouble. But when it results in you cheating to get ahead in a game, then no, I don't want you in my game. Cheaters are annoying when it comes to online games, because they think it's haha funny to waste people's times with their cheats and hacks. 

On 1/25/2022 at 7:21 PM, tdbnz said:

Wow if you got to cheat in any sport then it really means you don't really care

Cheating is bad , don't ever do it not worth it , Just practice until you are good 

The truth is that some gamers are like this, not only on eSports. Once money is involved, these gamers will do everything in their power to ensure that they win. I think placing a life ban on these cheaters will serve as a lesson to the rest.