Register Now
AndreiMirfi

What do you do when you are bored from games?

I've been gaming since my mother bought me an Atari 2600 VCS for Christmas in 1978.   but bored with gaming? I don't recall it happening much but when it does I tend to spend a couple of days either reading or watching videos on youtube.  but it almost never happens.  Even if I get sick of a new game I'm playing and there are no new games out that I want, I just play some retro games on my restored Commodore 64 or on Mame or a ZX Spectrum emulator.

23 minutes ago, Gamertotheend said:

I've been gaming since my mother bought me an Atari 2600 VCS for Christmas in 1978.   but bored with gaming? I don't recall it happening much but when it does I tend to spend a couple of days either reading or watching videos on youtube.  but it almost never happens.  Even if I get sick of a new game I'm playing and there are no new games out that I want, I just play some retro games on my restored Commodore 64 or on Mame or a ZX Spectrum emulator.

First, Welcome to VGR.

Second, respect. That's old school.

Third, could share more about the restoration of the old consoles you spoke of and how you get them to work these days? I can barely get a Nintendo 64 to work.

Edited by Shagger

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

First, Welcome to VGR.

Second, respect. That's old school.

Third, could share more about the restoration of the old consoles you spoke of and how you get them to work these days? I can barely get a Nintendo 64 to work.

Thank you very much but I cannot take the credit.  I really don't have the skill or the eyesight for things like fine soldering.  I found a website that repair classic systems (mostly 8 bit computers like the Spectrum, C64, Amstrad CPC, BBC, Atari800 etc).  they repair them and then recap them (replace the capacitors as old ones can leak and damage your motheroard). The prices are reasonable and you get it back in 3-4 weeks and it's guaranteed for a year.

Props from another classic gamer. My first system was a Colecovisiob. I didn’t appreciate it at the time, and now wish I had. Today however, I play Atari 2600, NES, SNES, and N64 almost exclusively. I do play on my Switch a lot, but the majority of games on it are 8-16 bit games. I have Zelda Links Awakening, but to be honest with you, I greatly prefer it on Game Boy over the remaster on Switch. I have a good amount if PS1-4 games, but a lot of them have never seen the inside of a PlayStation.

I have nothing against the new stuff, but I have to have my old stuff. And before you ask, none of it is any of that flashback bullshit.

On 8/14/2020 at 10:46 AM, Alexander. said:

I'll take a break. Either I'll play something else on my bucket list or watch gameplay videos. If I'm bored of playing altogether, I'll go and enjoy the fresh air. I could go for a walk, fishing or doing my weekly grocery shopping. 

That's a good idea.

On 8/13/2020 at 7:49 PM, The Blackangel said:

I tend to go out for a drive, or go to either Walmart or the mall just to window shop. When I burn out on gaming, I usually have to get out of the house for a few hours a day for a few days. Then I'm typically able to get right back into it.

U kinda do it like me.

18 hours ago, skyfire said:

I often look at other games and recently started developing interest for the game development too. I am currently using the defond engine as it allows export to android. I may consider getting into the game development slowly. 

Nice. I'm an HTML Developer and I created games back on 2016 on Roblox. 

I taught myself HTML when I was about 16. I used to have a website that I built strictly with HTML, and a touch of prewritten JavaScript. It looked really professional for the time frame. As for the JS, I can’t write my own, but I can usually manipulate a prewritten code to fit my needs.

I also ran a fairly popular forum, and had a guestbook with a few hundred comments.

It was a fairly big and popular site for several years, and actually won a lot of awards.

Edited by The Blackangel

When I feel boring form gaming than normally I watch Funny videos on YouTube as it is great way to make me busy and take away from gaming. I also do app development so I create small apps for fun and put in store. Other option is for me to spend sometime on Facebook.