Register Now
AndreiMirfi

What do you do when you are bored from games?

When I'm all played out on the games, I tend to watch some movies, bindge some tv shows and YouTube and maybe relax. I've been reading more often as of late, so I may start reading even more. As well, I like to hang out with friends & fam. Other times I try to catch up on some work, and other times I just sit around on my phone for hours lol. 

I switch between games, books/comics, and shows. I've got rabbits outside I hang with. Not so much in this Texas heat. If the weather is right and there is a mushroom growing in cow dung, then I'll make a night of it. Oops; shhh. Most of the time, it's tea and a game. If I drink I turn into a rebel ready to take on the world, so i'll save that for the apocalypse. I'm also a collector of Gi Joes, so I spend time on eBay. It's definitely nostalgia. 

If you find the right game it is very difficult to get bored from me, especially when it is so new and fresh to you. That is what I am experiencing right now but I have too many responsibilities to allow myself to get sucked in like that. Instead I try to do other more meaningful things like research or study, or I relax in other ways such as watching something on Netflix. If I get too obsessed with gaming then I need to switch off and go for a walk. Healthy and real outdoor exercise is pivotal to keeping sane.

On 10/3/2020 at 1:23 PM, killamch89 said:

Honestly, I take a break from gaming to take a walk with my dogs. It helps me clear my mind and being inside for most of my days gets to me at times.

Another thing I tend to do is think of new Skyrim mod ideas and see if I can create them...I'm a bit of an amateur though so my modding skills are quite limited.

When I burn out on some game I simply stop playing it. I used to play xcom2 almost daily for 3 years, then just stopped. I didn't think about it it just happened, I might get into it again, I might not, It doesn't really matter.

I thought I was done with games around 2005 then in 2010 I played more games than ever before.