Register Now
The Blackangel

Weirdest Game You've Ever Played

What's the weirdest game you have ever played? For me it would be A Boy And His Blob. It's a crazy NES game. Basically you're adventuring with a blob of (I don't know what) to save the blob's planet (Blobonia) from an evil emperor. To get around you have to feed the blob different flavor jelly beans to turn it into different things like ladders, umbrellas, and jacks just to name a few. Oh and the blobs name is Blobert.

For this I would like to ask everyone to try to stay away from big franchises if you can.

Edited by The Blackangel

I might think of something else later, but the one that comes to mind right now would be Catherine on the PS3/XB360. It's a dark, seedy tale, told within the nightmares of a troubled yound man torn between the feelings of commitment to his current love and the temptations of a new beauty on the scene and... it's a puzzle game.

Edited by Shagger

Just now, The Blackangel said:

It seems on that one that if you're not fluent in Japanese that you're going to miss half the game.

The game had an English voice over when I played it. I was trying to avoid the trailer for the new remaster of the game called "Full Body" and for some reason couldn't find the original trailer in English.

It would have to be Doki Doki Liuriture Club for me:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/698780/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club/

maxresdefault.jpg

This game is pure genius and one of the most unique and compelling gaming experiences I've ever had, but I can't explain why without ruining it so you'll have to trust me.  The best way to experience this is to go in completely blind.  There is no excuse not to since the game is 100% free, and I don’t mean “free to play” free, I mean ACTUALLY free!

20 hours ago, Gamertotheend said:

For me, it would have to be Fat Worm Blows a Sparky.   ..yes really, lol.

It's like the sprite from "Snake" has literally escaped from the game and is now running amok around the circuit board being chased by Fallout Eyebots.

Edited by Shagger

Snake from the Classic Nokia is one of the weirdest game I've come across. Don't get me wrong; I enjoyed playing countless hours for entertainment, but it's very repetitive, and I don't see the point. To keep trying to beat your score? The graphical design of the worm isn't the greatest, but it shows just how far technology has evolved over the years. 

Untitled.png.8dc71c540cf5ce56ed5eb9a35ddd2d1c.png

The strangest game I've ever played has to be any release from the Sims. I can't find the game entertaining, just downright odd. When there are so many other open world games including GTA, it makes it hard for me to believe anyone could be entertained by the Sims.