Register Now
Alexander.

Mandatory Masks

Honestly, It's not that hard to wear a mask. Unless there is a valid reason (health etc.) then I don't see why not. It's mandatory in shops, public transports and some other places here. 

Crash helmets are mandatory in most countries for riding a bike, yet I don't see anyone complaining that helmets infringe on their basic human rights.

What most people fail to understand is that wearing a mask is not to protect the wearer. You you are putting  others at greater risk than necessary when you refuse to wear one, your chance of getting ill is not dependent on whether you wear a mask or not, it depends on whether everyone else does.

Should our human rights to make decisions over rule it? Well if you know you got AIDS and still sleep around unprotected, in that logic you can say you have the right. During a world wide pandemic, have respect for others you can expose it to. If you don't wear a mask, it is a blatant violation of the laws of ethics. Pandemics should never be turned political. Once it turns political, and lives are at stake, it becomes used as a bioterrorism factor. Let it spread so this group of people die. Let it spread so that country gets sick. Let it spread in a city or state that opposes you. Let it spread to reduce the population. Let it spread to annihilate the poor or weak. Oh, but if you can genetically manipulate it, even better to get rid of certain demographics.  Whatever though, right? And don't forget big pharma can profit off of it all the more widespread it is. 

Pretty much, everything evil exists in the realm of not wearing protection all in the name of selfish reasons that's being promoted by hidden agendas from the top. Herd immunity may/may not work after many have died. Following safety guidelines already have shown it works with fewer deaths in many countries. Don't let politics poison your fragile judgements. Just do what's right. 

37 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Should our human rights to make decisions over rule it? Well if you know you got AIDS and still sleep around unprotected, in that logic you can say you have the right. During a world wide pandemic, have respect for others you can expose it to. If you don't wear a mask, it is a blatant violation of the laws of ethics. Pandemics should never be turned political. Once it turns political, and lives are at stake, it becomes used as a bioterrorism factor. Let it spread so this group of people die. Let it spread so that country gets sick. Let it spread in a city or state that opposes you. Let it spread to reduce the population. Let it spread to annihilate the poor or weak. Oh, but if you can genetically manipulate it, even better to get rid of certain demographics.  Whatever though, right? And don't forget big pharma can profit off of it all the more widespread it is. 

Pretty much, everything evil exists in the realm of not wearing protection all in the name of selfish reasons that's being promoted by hidden agendas from the top. Herd immunity may/may not work after many have died. Following safety guidelines already have shown it works with fewer deaths in many countries. Don't let politics poison your fragile judgements. Just do what's right. 

That reminded me of this.  Of course some of you might be not old enough to remember this game. But it seems apart from being the best game ever, it is also seems prophetic now.

Edited by m76

20 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I agree for the most part. It's not entirely about getting the virus, it's about spreading it. Someone can argue it by saying "I feel fine, so I can't have it." Well that person could be asymptomatic or a carrier. Both situations would cause them to spread the virus without feeling the symptoms. I wear a mask when I go out, and although I hate doing it, I suck it up and put one on. I feel fine, but that doesn't mean I'm not infected or a carrier. I don't touch fresh unpackaged produce unless I know for a fact that I'm going to buy it. But that's a bit of a moot point as I've always been that way. Masks won't cure it, but they will slow it down and give the medical world (the ones that care anyway) a chance to get the virus under control and hopefully kill it. The CDC is working their ass off, but due to the arrogance of a disproportionate number of the American population, their not making much progress.

I mean how long did it take to get the black plague under control after it killed 1/3 of Europe?