Register Now
_B_

Which PC games would you recommend?

On 11/12/2020 at 6:18 PM, skyfire said:

If I remember it was engine specific update that was listed. not sure have to dig that news now.  

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The Engine in Skyrim SE is Fallout 4's engine which is basically Skyrim's original engine with a few tweaks here and there. It still suffer from the same limitations as the original Skyrim does, has the most of the same exploits and everything else.

There are various graphics and gameplay tweeks but the only significant change from original to SE in terms of engine was going from 32 bit to 64 bit and DX11.  This meant the game could use more RAM, use higher resolution textures, load more objects without crashing... things like that.

This is what they have been doing for years.  They have constantly added to it, made tweeks and changes but the actual engine, the base framework is the same one they have been using since the development of The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowwind in the late 90's.

I've heard they are STILL using it for Starfeild and probably Elder Scrolls 6 as well.  Skyrim SE should have been that last gane to use this fossil, it's limitations were truly laid bare with Fallout 4 and 76.

Edited by Crazycrab

7 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

There are various graphics and gameplay tweeks but the only significant change from original to SE in terms of engine was going from 32 bit to 64 bit and DX11.  This meant the game could use more RAM, use higher resolution textures, load more objects without crashing... things like that.

This is what they have been doing for years.  They have constantly added to it, made tweeks and changes but the actual engine, the base framework is the same one they have been using since the development of The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowwind in the late 90's.

I've heard they are STILL using it for Starfeild and probably Elder Scrolls 6 as well.  Skyrim SE should have been that last gane to use this fossil, it's limitations were truly laid bare with Fallout 4 and 76.

You're absolute right. The engine is very limited in what in can do. With Microsoft acquiring Bethesda, I wonder what changes they'll implement in the development of the next Elder Scrolls.

23 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Learned something new.I was not much aware of about the fallouts engine being used in few other games. 

Edited by skyfire