Register Now
m76

After a bit of struggle I'm finally here

And I hope I'll fit in.

Why struggle? Because I registered two weeks ago and my account was only now activated. I was actually ready to move on and call this place a bust. But it was worked out by the admin, thanks for that.

First off, why am I here?

Because the original forum I was frequenting since 2001 has shut down permanently in 2018. I've been struggling ever since to find a proper gaming related forum. I'll not bore you with the details of my endeavours on other sites, but if anyone wants to ask I have plenty of stories. I've been a member of at least 5 gaming related forum since my OG home started struggling long before it's inevitable closure.  Of course all have been failures in some sense. But enough about that.

How do I wish to contribute?

First off I hope I can take part in some lively conversations about videogames, and perhaps other topics? What I drag with myself is a 15 year old history of reviewing games.
In that time I've written reviews for more than 80 games, with admittedly varying depth and quality. But I hope my unique and brutally honest takes can at least be entertaining even if you don't agree with some of them. They are all collected on my personal website: MadBlog Of course I'll be adding more reviews of games as I play them.

m76

1 hour ago, m76 said:

I posted a bunch of reviews new on my site since.

MadBlog

Aww man! I was hoping you would like Dying Light. Like many games, it does start out weird. I put the game down myself for a bit and started back into it. But as far as the ammo and weapons, I've explored a bunch to get tons of money which I was able to buy anything I wanted. And the stronger weapons don't break down as fast. And every pack of cigs you loot from zombies adds up to sell for a bunch. And crafting stronger weapons by finding blueprints helped too. Did you at least make it to Old Town? Because the map isn't that small when you add everything in. Give it another shot and explore more. I beg of you! 😉

1 minute ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Aww man! I was hoping you would like Dying Light. Like many games, it does start out weird. I put the game down myself for a bit and started back into it. But as far as the ammo and weapons, I've explored a bunch to get tons of money which I was able to buy anything I wanted. And the stronger weapons don't break down as fast. And every pack of cigs you loot from zombies adds up to sell for a bunch. And crafting stronger weapons by finding blueprints helped too. Did you at least make it to Old Town? Because the map isn't that small when you add everything in. Give it another shot and explore more. I beg of you! 😉

Plus the different repeatable missions like the prison one; you didn't get to the prison right? Freakin crazy. It's at least a 2 hour play to make it through. And that's if you survive. Don't even attempt without lots of ammo and explosives. But there really is a lot to do in the game. 

10 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

In six hours of gameplay I collected maybe $2000 credits. That's enough to buy F'all in shops. And I found exactly three lockpicks. I didn't mention lockpicking but that1s really weak as well. You have no chance to open anything but the easy locks without breaking at least one pick.  There was this one story mission where the only way to progress is to pick open a door, but i only realized after clearing the entire area of zombies that i had no picks left. That's when i said F this game.  it is no fun.