Register Now
16_Kuba

Watching others play: Does the player type affect the user behavior on twitch.tv? (academic research)

Watching others play: Does the player type affect the user behavior on twitch.tv?

You not only play video games but also watch others playing on twitch.tv?

My study is looking for you as a participant!

My survey: https://limesurvey.fiw.fhws.de/index.php/441725

Join now and with a little luck win one of two €25 / $30 Amazon vouchers.

It only takes about ten to 15 minutes to fill out the form.

en-surveycircle-survey-participants-user

My name is Jürgen, I am studying Information Systems at the University of Applied Sciences Würzburg-Schweinfurt in Germany and am currently writing my master thesis.

In this context I would like to investigate the viewers' user behavior on twitch.

As streamer: For example, you could provide the link to this survey in the chat, talk about it during your broadcast or fill it out the form yourself live and motivate your viewers to do the same. In return for your support I can offer you a presentation of the results of this research and you will get the chance to better understand your audience and maybe even increase it in the future.

Everyone else: Just take part in the survey.

The questionnaire is divided into three parts with 69 questions in total and takes about 10 to 15 minutes to complete. The three parts are: Information about your Twitch usage behavior, your player trait profile and some demograpfic Information which are optional.

Please bear in mind that I cannot explain the exact research question and hypotheses in advance. This would possibly lead to the results being distorted.

If there are any questions, I am of course willing to answer them.

I am happy about every participation.

Edited by 16_Kuba
Edit link to survey

13 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I doubt anyone here is willing to do your homework for you. I'm definitely not.

I don't know why you think that's my homework. But it's part of my master thesis to find people who participate in my survey to evaluate the collected data later on.

@16_Kuba I understand what you're trying to do, but to come onto the forum only to immediately post a link to survey without contributing anything to the community first isn't very courteous. Because it's not a commercial survey I've decided to let it be and leave the topic open, but I'm doing so under the assumption that you will offer more to the VGR community than just this.

EDIT: I've also moved the topic to general chat as this isn't directly related to gaming.

Edited by Shagger

1 minute ago, Shagger said:

@16_Kuba I understand what you're trying to do, but to come onto the forum only to immediately post a link to survey without contributing anything to the community first isn't very courteous. Because it's not a commercial survey I've decided to let it be and leave the topic open, but I'm doing so under the assumption that you will offer to to the VGR community than just this.

Ok, i understand. I'm sorry for that. 

If you guys are intrested I can provide my results here so we can all profit of it.

@Shagger Thank you for not closing this thread!