Register Now
Redschyte

8gb ram still worth?

It all depends on what you do with the hardware the 8gb of RAM is going in as well as OS you are running. if you do a lot of gaming, or programming, or anything that my take up your system resources then i would go for more because RAM is relatively cheap and easy to install. Now if you are just an internet article reader or dont do any high end activity on your computer that's plenty of RAM

4 hours ago, Empire said:

It all depends on what you do with the hardware the 8gb of RAM is going in as well as OS you are running. if you do a lot of gaming, or programming, or anything that my take up your system resources then i would go for more because RAM is relatively cheap and easy to install. Now if you are just an internet article reader or dont do any high end activity on your computer that's plenty of RAM

Mines mostly work for the virtual machines, graphics work and some of the 3D demos, so more RAM the better. 

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

Mines mostly work for the virtual machines, graphics work and some of the 3D demos, so more RAM the better. 

Then in your case yes more than 16gb is needed. I do allot of streaming and also flight sims and so 32gb is needed since 16gb is so to low even. Ram can be cheap but when getting 3200mhz or more it can cost just as much as other hardware.

Short answer NO.

Long answer :

When building or buying a PC, you have to know that it should survive for atleast 3 years ( unless you are able to afford money to keep building PC's ), even if 8 GB's are kinda enough for some games, but it's not a future proof at all, Games are getting more demanding and Rams are kinda cheap these days, so pick something that will make you forget about upgrading for a while 🙂

32GB is definitely going to be new normal from the 2020 onwards. And hopefully best gaming pc (hyperlink to URL removed) in 129GB to 256GB is going to be pretty good range for the future games 2021. 

Edited by Shagger
Moderator edit to remove re-direct URL from post

9 hours ago, Zoey79 said:

32GB is definitely going to be new normal from the 2020 onwards. And hopefully best gaming pc (hyperlink to URL removed) in 129GB to 256GB is going to be pretty good range for the future games 2021. 

129Gb of RAM is not only completely unnecessary for any gaming or even productivity set up but it actually slows things down unless it's quad channel.  I stand by my earlier argument, most games these days are GPU heavy and don't need that much system RAM.  It's productivity tasks like video editing or running multiple applications where system RAM comes into play.  For 95% of user's 32Gb is more than enough, borderline overkill in fact.

Edited by Shagger
Moderator edit to remove re-direct URL from quote

16GB is used by most system that's also good for gaming, but games that takes allot are call of duty and flights sims that needs more then 16GB.

On 5/6/2021 at 11:22 AM, Crazycrab said:

129Gb of RAM is not only completely unnecessary

Only servers has that amount of ram LOL I mean they are fully differnt and so they need it to host five sites. But for everyday gaming system.. Way to much.