Register Now
Redschyte

8gb ram still worth?

On 5/24/2021 at 6:20 AM, killamch89 said:

Actually, Windows 10 only needs 4GB of RAM.

Not true. If you want to run only chrome browser then 4GB would suffice. If you run most of the games today, or even the image apps or video apps, even 8GB wont hold much. 4GB is blanket requirement for booting windows 10. doing everyday work outside word and excel would require a lot of RAM. 

4GB is pointless, smartphones have more then that nowadays people. My phone has 8GB then again needs to since it can games and whatnot. I say that screens sizes are getting bigger and more powerful that system needs more ram to keep up. 6GB being used for me just with chrome open so far

4 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah even if some of the word processors would not run fast on the 4GB work. I think people underestimate even how the WIndows 10 can lag on the 4GB or even 8GB after some time. 

My WIndows even lag on 32GB nowadays when you doing more then just double the work and gaming. 

I think 8 GB would be adequate for basic use, but it's definitely the bare minimum to use your computer comfortably in 2021. I had a laptop that I used at work that had 4 GB, and it was horrendously slow if I had more than one browser tab open. I think that 16 GB is far more reasonable if you are doing anything beyond the basics.