Register Now
StaceyPowers

Anyone else here skipping a generation?

I’m going to be jumping straight from PS3 to PS5, having never purchased a PS4 (but I am looking forward to hopefully catching up on a lot of the PS4 games I missed through backwards compatibility).

Anyone else here skipping a generation on the way to PS5 or Xbox Series X?

I'll be skipping an entire generation from the Xbox 360. I'm not in the best position as most of my old games won't work on the Xbox Series X, unfortunately. All this means is that I'll have to invest in some modern classics that are compatible. 

Edited by Alexander.

I missed the entire PS2 era, and didn't get to try it until after the PS3 was out, due to being homeless. I also skipped the Wii U and went straight to Switch. I picked up a PS4 a few days ago, and my girl got me an Xbox One last year on Black Friday I think. I just remember it was on sale for $99 brand new. I may buy a PS5 at some point (doubtful), but it will be several years from now. I prefer to wait until after bugs the developers missed are fixed, more games are available, and the price has gone down. Also everyone knows I'm a classic gamer, so I doubt I will have any use for a PS5. Unless I specifically want the backwards compatibility and new game capability. The only reason I can think of for me to get one would be if there are any new God Of War games released on the system. I flat out love that series. I know it was initially released for the PS2, but I never knew that and got the games on PS3. The one that actually got me into the series is Chains Of Olympus, as I had it on the PSP.

8 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I'm thinking about skipping the PS5 and getting a used PS4.  I really want to try Gran Turismo Sport.

If I were you I'd either get a PS3 and GT on that or a PS5 and the up and coming GT game.   because the PS4 version is not fantastic (PS3 version was much better) and it demands you are online even if playing in single player which is absurd. 

I'm so into video games, I'd find it very hard to skip a generation. Back in the day, when I was a kid, I skipped the PS1 generation as I didn't have the money to buy one. Now, I always make sure to buy a console every gen, especially as my job relies on it.

I guess I could say it feels like I'm skipping a generation. Because of life, I've really only stuck to playing a few different games on the PS4. Back when the PS3 came out, I was playing dozens of different games and literally trophy hunting. I think it's going to be really exciting with the new Playstation release; especially being able to experience the updated graphics.