Register Now
skyfire

Gotham Knights RPG

On 6/7/2022 at 4:05 PM, killamch89 said:

Is anyone really surprised? I mean the game isn't anything to write home about from what was shown in the demo and the criticism is justified.

They have a lot of things that's going off with the game and with no Batman in the game isn't doing it any good favors. Fans/criticis already have a bullseye to pick at. 

11 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

They have a lot of things that's going off with the game and with no Batman in the game isn't doing it any good favors. Fans/criticis already have a bullseye to pick at. 

It's going to flop and most people can already tell - the part I still can't fathom is why didn't they implement Arkham's fluent fighting system. The fighting system in this game is so clunky and slow.

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's going to flop and most people can already tell - the part I still can't fathom is why didn't they implement Arkham's fluent fighting system. The fighting system in this game is so clunky and slow.

When you play a game where you're supposed to be utilising fighting system to your advantage because it's what makes you win and even enjoy the game but it becomes a flaw on its own, it's going to be very hard to stick with such game for long. 

13 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

When you play a game where you're supposed to be utilising fighting system to your advantage because it's what makes you win and even enjoy the game but it becomes a flaw on its own, it's going to be very hard to stick with such game for long. 

That's not what I'm saying at all - I was pointing out that due to Gotham Knights being a similar style of game to the Arkham series, they should've gone with tried and true Arkham combat system rather than this clumsy mess.

New trailer premiered at Gamescom, and shows what the story is going to be like. I think it mixes some gameplay in there, but it's mostly cinematic otherwise. Still though, I'm kinda getting hyped up for it, so it's a maybe buy for me. 

Anyone here played the new Gotham Knights? It came out last week and it hasn't been getting the greatest of reviews. I heard the big thing is that the combat is pretty mediocre. Not near what they offered with the Batman Arkham Series. I heard they removed the counter button. I don't know how the controls work, but it sounds like you just mash the same buttons over and over. 

But I could be wrong. Was watching a streamer explain his problems. 

I've been reading some of the other reviews, and even they are saying bad things about it. Also it's locked ar 30fps I heard. If you've played it, what are your thoughts on it so far?

On 10/27/2022 at 10:30 PM, Kane99 said:

Anyone here played the new Gotham Knights? It came out last week and it hasn't been getting the greatest of reviews. I heard the big thing is that the combat is pretty mediocre. Not near what they offered with the Batman Arkham Series. I heard they removed the counter button. I don't know how the controls work, but it sounds like you just mash the same buttons over and over. 

But I could be wrong. Was watching a streamer explain his problems. 

I've been reading some of the other reviews, and even they are saying bad things about it. Also it's locked ar 30fps I heard. If you've played it, what are your thoughts on it so far?

I haven't played it yet, but maybe I would watch some Game play videos and get a first hand view of what its like , hopefully it beats my expectations.

On 11/1/2022 at 1:03 PM, Justin11 said:

I haven't played it yet, but maybe I would watch some Game play videos and get a first hand view of what its like , hopefully it beats my expectations.

I've already seen a bit of the gameplay and honestly, it's pretty clunky and the game seems to suffer from framerate issues in certain parts of Gotham. On top of that, it has a whole lot of other issues as well.