Register Now
skyfire

Gotham Knights RPG

I'm not sure about this, it just smells alot like this Destiny style "live service" crap with the RPG elements and the co-op. This isn't what people wanted out of a new Batman game. It's as if DC felt the need to put something out there to rival Marvel's Avengers, but why? The world already hates that game, we don't need another one. This will probably be better than Marvel's Avengers, but that's not saying much.

4 hours ago, Shagger said:

I'm not sure about this, it just smells alot like this Destiny style "live service" crap with the RPG elements and the co-op. This isn't what people wanted out of a new Batman game. It's as if DC felt the need to put something out there to rival Marvel's Avengers, but why? The world already hates that game, we don't need another one. This will probably be better than Marvel's Avengers, but that's not saying much.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. I watched a gameplay video for the game, and it does remind me somewhat of Destiny, especially when they showed the Mr. Freeze battle. But, I have a feeling it's going to work out. I just hope it isn't like the Avengers game, because that game looks like it's going to be just about the money. 

Here's that video: 

Its been confirmed that the game will no longer be releasing on PS4 or Xbox One, the devolopers will instead focus on its PS4 and XboxSX versions. I guess they dont want to make the same mistake as cyberpunk did.

Edited by kingpotato

No matter that I don't know about the games produced under the developers of the aforementioned games. But it will be cool as they've taking their time to work on the next edition which is supposed to debut on PS4 and Xbox SX, than producing arkward kind of game like we saw around Battlefield 2042. 

The Arkham games were one of my favorites, so detailled, good voice acting, dark atmosphere. So immersive, with the best combat stealth and traversal in the genre imo. I was hyped after the first gameplay demo of this one, but now I'm gonna wait for a sale probably. It looks flashy, clunky, slow and a bit dull to be honest. Coop with friends is nice but can take away immersion easily, like in Dying Light 2 for instance, especially when you're jumping around like a fool in an open world. It also kinda takes away free exploration when traversal is so easy. If the game becomes as polished as the Arkham series it might still be worth it

On 5/13/2022 at 6:22 AM, Empire said:

The Arkham games were one of my favorites, so detailled, good voice acting, dark atmosphere. So immersive, with the best combat stealth and traversal in the genre imo. I was hyped after the first gameplay demo of this one, but now I'm gonna wait for a sale probably. It looks flashy, clunky, slow and a bit dull to be honest. Coop with friends is nice but can take away immersion easily, like in Dying Light 2 for instance, especially when you're jumping around like a fool in an open world. It also kinda takes away free exploration when traversal is so easy. If the game becomes as polished as the Arkham series it might still be worth it

And the worst part is, there's no Batman! What kind of a series is this? lol. At this point, if they'd make you play the Joker and having to deal with Batman, I'd be much more interested.

31 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Is anyone really surprised? I mean the game isn't anything to write home about from what was shown in the demo and the criticism is justified.

A game about Batman's universe without Batman, and even worse its a live service co op type of game. Im not saying the game itself will be bad (we dont know yet) but this is not what the people wants.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

A game about Batman's universe without Batman, and even worse its a live service co op type of game. Im not saying the game itself will be bad (we dont know yet) but this is not what the people wants.

On top of that, the combat system is so slow and clunky compared to Arkham Knight's fluent combat system. Here's a video demonstrating the difference:

On 5/11/2022 at 2:51 PM, kingpotato said:

Its been confirmed that the game will no longer be releasing on PS4 or Xbox One, the devolopers will instead focus on its PS4 and XboxSX versions. I guess they dont want to make the same mistake as cyberpunk did.

It would definitely be a major disaster if they make the same mistakes that Cyberpunk put themselves through. It almost ruined the game or it in fact ruined it. 

On 5/15/2022 at 9:53 PM, killamch89 said:

And the worst part is, there's no Batman

This is one of the deterrent factors for this game. Warner Bros has announced that the game will release on October 25, 2022.

On 6/10/2022 at 2:41 AM, Jasmin said:

This is one of the deterrent factors for this game. Warner Bros has announced that the game will release on October 25, 2022.

The whole concept makes no sense - how can you have a Gotham Superhero game without Batman? Nightwing and the others combined have nowhere near the amount of popularity Batman possesses. What were Warner Bros. thinking?