Register Now
Shagger

Google and Apple removed Fortnite, is that fair?

On 8/25/2020 at 6:50 AM, Oliver said:

Hard to make a case against Google as they allow you to use whatever store you want and even side load.Apple on the other hand has their phones locked to a single store which is theirs.

Simply put, Apple is just a very stingy and greedy as they come. It's actually one of the biggest challenges most people have with making use of their products. 

I think everyone in the tug of war disagreement over a broken deal is simply looking at what's right for them, and that's it. Apple delisted fortnight cos they sense something inappropriate which fortnight developers lashed out on them, they alone knows the reason behind the dispute that led to the game's removal. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

I wouldn't know what made Apple on their own cut Fortnight video game out of their store, maybe it's on a mutual consent with the developers of Fortnight. They ought to have given clearer verdict why the actions was taking, by removing the game in their store. 

14 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I wouldn't know what made Apple on their own cut Fortnight video game out of their store, maybe it's on a mutual consent with the developers of Fortnight. They ought to have given clearer verdict why the actions was taking, by removing the game in their store. 

We have another thread in the gaming news related to this whole thing with Epic and Apple and for once, I had to side with Apple because all Epic wanted to do is keep all the money for themselves instead of paying their developer fees and then wanted Apple to reinstate them after losing the court battle which Apple isn't obliged to.

On 9/30/2021 at 1:42 AM, Justin11 said:

Well, maybe they saw the direction that the game Fortnite was going and then decided to pull the plug on the game. 

On 10/1/2021 at 9:45 AM, Heatman said:

Well, maybe they saw the direction that the game Fortnite was going and then decided to pull the plug on the game. 

Maybe that's the case, they might have felt disillusioned around the game, decided to erase it from their list because it lacks the fluid they desire from gaming, that's my little observations. 

On 9/30/2021 at 4:58 PM, Head_Hunter said:

I recently heard about the news that Apple delisted fortnight game, I just don't know why, maybe their is misconception between Apple and 'fortnight developers. 

Fortnite has been crap for a long time now, it's probably one of the reasons why they must have scraped the game from their list and it's understandable. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Fortnite has been crap for a long time now, it's probably one of the reasons why they must have scraped the game from their list and it's understandable. 

If the game is looking shit at the moment then I got the reason why Apple and Google scrapped it off, when they see no ingredience around it. 

On 9/30/2021 at 10:58 AM, Head_Hunter said:

I recently heard about the news that Apple delisted fortnight game, I just don't know why, maybe their is misconception between Apple and 'fortnight developers. 

It was a whole court case with Apple technically winning and Apple has decided to stick with their decision to delist Fortnite and won't re-list it anytime soon. We actually have other threads about the whole issue.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It was a whole court case with Apple technically winning and Apple has decided to stick with their decision to delist Fortnite and won't re-list it anytime soon. We actually have other threads about the whole issue.

Yeah - it's actually not adding more positivity to their image and it's why they really pushed to have it removed. 

Apple's store is owned by APPLE, THEY choose what product they distribute on it, i highly doubt there's a reason to sue Apple for removing the game from the app store, It's like if you're a cheese brand trying to get your cheese to be sold at your local mall but they say no. Even if Apple hypothetically violated some law in the removal process of Fortnite, in the end they still don't have to ever allow it on their store again nor anything else by Epic Games in the future. So basically all Epic did was to show they're an unreliable and a high-risk business partner to Apple, other companies and investors. Apple's net worth isn't going to suffer from this at all, Epic's on the other hand