Register Now
Kane99

Give us more arcade style sports games

I miss the days of playing stuff like NBA Jam, NFL/NBA street, NFL Blitz, and any other arcade like sports games. We sadly don't see these types of games anymore these days. Why is that? I garauntee they would be crazy popular if done right. I would love to see an NFL Blitz resurgence. That game was awesome, and still is awesome. 

What classic arcade style sports games, would you like to see come back? 

I think strategy genre needs a reboot. A lot of old games in this genre needs to come back. definitely not an arcade genre though. 

For specially arcade genre, I think story based RPGs need to increase a lot. because we are missing stories in the mainstream gaming with battle royale destroying it. 

I just want to see somebody other than the soulless, money hungry hyaena's at EA and 2K making these games, then at 90% of Thier problems could disappear.

26 minutes ago, skyfire said:

I think strategy genre needs a reboot. A lot of old games in this genre needs to come back. definitely not an arcade genre though. 

For specially arcade genre, I think story based RPGs need to increase a lot. because we are missing stories in the mainstream gaming with battle royale destroying it. 

Strategy games are never popular on console because the UI and control inputs for consoles just doesn't suit these types of games very well, but I'd say the genre is still very much alive and well on PC. I'd have to say the same about story centric RPG's as well, there's loads of them and the standard has been high this gen. I think you're underestimating gamers, not everyone is exclusively playing COD of Fortnight Royal.

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

Strategy games are never popular on console because the UI and control inputs for consoles just doesn't suit these types of games very well, but I'd say the genre is still very much alive and well on PC. I'd have to say the same about story centric RPG's as well, there's loads of them and the standard has been high this gen. I think you're underestimating gamers, not everyone is exclusively playing COD of Fortnight Royal.

That's not quite true. Granted the majority of games are just "learn the basics and you're good to go" style, but there are a lot of games that heavily use strategy. Any game where you need a decent amount of stealth requires strategy. From what I gather, Skyrim is one. Any sniper game requires strategy, because you need a place to shoot from, that doesn't put a flashing sign over your head saying ENEMY IS SHOOTING FROM HERE. Strategy comes into play on a lot more games than you're giving credit to. Even the old stuff like Donkey Kong, Frogger, and Galaga. They require a decent amount of strategy. And they have gone down as some of the ultimate classics in gaming history. I would honestly be surprised if there's even one gamer over the age of 10 who hasn't played at least one of them.

29 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

That's not quite true. Granted the majority of games are just "learn the basics and you're good to go" style, but there are a lot of games that heavily use strategy. Any game where you need a decent amount of stealth requires strategy. From what I gather, Skyrim is one. Any sniper game requires strategy, because you need a place to shoot from, that doesn't put a flashing sign over your head saying ENEMY IS SHOOTING FROM HERE. Strategy comes into play on a lot more games than you're giving credit to. Even the old stuff like Donkey Kong, Frogger, and Galaga. They require a decent amount of strategy. And they have gone down as some of the ultimate classics in gaming history. I would honestly be surprised if there's even one gamer over the age of 10 who hasn't played at least one of them.

Yes, there are plenty of console games whare you use strategy in combat, in fact they would be a piss poor games if they didn't, but when it comes to actual strategy games is a different matter. I define a strategy game as Total War, Command and Conquer, Xcom, that sort of thing. The kind of game whare you use little to no actual still at all, it's all about management of the scenario rather than actually engagement.

I guess big games makers are not interested in these kind of games as I also used to play NFL Blitz lots but now everyone thinking about making money with modern games and I wish they can bring some of games back for a change.

On 8/25/2020 at 7:57 AM, Shagger said:

I just want to see somebody other than the soulless, money hungry hyaena's at EA and 2K making these games, then at 90% of Thier problems could disappear.

I agree. I would like to see other studios jump in with new arcade style sports games. EA has been a burden for the sports genres in years, and has dropped the likes of SSX, NBA/NFL/FIfa Street and more. I would love to see a new SSX game again, but not in the hands of EA. And 2K, as much as they improve on their games over EA, they are still money hungry like EA.