Register Now
The Blackangel

Thoughts On ROM-Hacks

What does everyone think of these? I currently have 3, but haven't touched them in a while, due to how cruelly hard they are. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good challenge, but there's a difference between a challenge, and a cruel taunt. The ones I have are

The Legend Of Zelda: Goddess Of Wisdom
The Legend Of Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets
The Legend Of Zelda: Parallel Worlds

I've never played a Zelda game that was anywhere near this hard. It took me over a year to beat just the third dungeon in Goddess Of Wisdom. And I'm blocked off from more than half the map because I don't have the hammer or Pegasus boots yet. They're items to come in later dungeons apparently. I've entered the fourth dungeon, but in the fourth room you can even get to is Vitreous. The boss from Misery Mire in A Link To The Past. But the real kicker is that in this game, a typical sword slash doesn't do shit against big enemies like this. You have to use a special attack such as charge up a spin attack or use a bow. Also Vitreous and the little ones with it move at about 3-4 times faster than it did in Link To The Past. So you're basically guaranteed to die. The cape helps a bit, but not much as it drains your magic in like 2 seconds.

So ROM-Hacks....hate 'em or love 'em?

I haven't really played many ROM hacks, but they're really popular. A lot of people make ones with their own sprites and graphics. It's quite cool. I wouldn't mind buying a few of the NES rom hacks out there. I'm always for trying newly made games from already established games. 

5 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I had lots of ROM hacks back in the days when I used to have a lot of GBA games...those were the days.

Seriously, it all made gaming very much interesting back then. It's more like what we have with modding now. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, it all made gaming very much interesting back then. It's more like what we have with modding now. 

I still do have a catalog of gba games. As a matter of fact, I think I'm only missing 20 games and I'd have every single Gba game ever released to play on my GBA.

4 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I still do have a catalog of gba games. As a matter of fact, I think I'm only missing 20 games and I'd have every single Gba game ever released to play on my GBA.

Wow, that's actually very nice. I'm not sure if most people still keep such till date with all we have now all over our face. 

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Ummm...what are you talking about? I though we were talking about GBA games lol.

Yes of course, was actually trying to make some reference to others type of games but never mind. What's your favorite of the GBA games you ever played? I kinda liked Fire Emblem very much. 

On 9/22/2021 at 10:54 PM, Head_Hunter said:

I don't play GBAs (pokemons). I know lots of people finds it very interesting and loving, I simply find it boring to play, everyone have choice and I respect everyone's choice. 

Definitely, there are games that one would like that others don't seem to find interesting. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.