Register Now
Kane99

Do you still have gaming magazines?

6 hours ago, Empire said:

Same would worth more then others but how can you tell, I mean a book that 50 years old meybe worth allot. 

It depends on the magazine. Not all of them would be worth anything. A whole collection of one magazine would probably fetch some good money if they are in pristine condition. I don't think we have any gaming mags that stretch back 50 years yet. 

Looking on Ebay you'll see a ton of Gaming magazine lots for sale. I'm tempted to grab one for EGM or maybe even some Nintendo magazines. I've also considered looking for old catalogs from stores, just to look through the toys and video games. As a kid, I remember looking for new listings for PlayStation games in the Sunday paper. Wish I kept some of those catalogs. 

16 hours ago, skyfire said:

I do have gaming magazines in the place where I live and the thing is that these days instead of the DVD we used to get for those magazines, those suddenly have now made quarterly. those DVDs are not coming anymore it seems. 

Of course not, magazines have mostly stopped production. I think there are only a few gaming magazines still on the market, otherwise they're mostly digital magazines. 

And these days, not many people use DVDs or blu-rays anymore. Most people focus on digital formats and or stream their content now. Sadly, the days of DVDs and games being included in magazines are mostly done. 😞 

17 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Of course not, magazines have mostly stopped production. I think there are only a few gaming magazines still on the market, otherwise they're mostly digital magazines. 

And these days, not many people use DVDs or blu-rays anymore. Most people focus on digital formats and or stream their content now. Sadly, the days of DVDs and games being included in magazines are mostly done. 😞 

Gaming space is so much troubled that a lot of reviews and the perspective are useless. take IGN for example. the magazine and news in gaming industry is not really profitable either. 

1 hour ago, Empire said:

Nowadays I'm still impressed that they are still doing magazines that you can bye, I mean it's all online for people to read. 

I know, it's weird that any still pop up. There are still some physical magazines out there, but it's fairly minimal. Which sucks, because I loved getting a gaming magazine in the mail every month. 

On 9/1/2020 at 10:02 AM, skyfire said:

I think considering those magazines were expensive in past getting them  was through the library and similar other sources. In that case subscription covered the lending part. 

When I was a teenager, I actually didn't own anyone but always get to check out one's in game store in my neighborhood. 

I do have some old ones laying around, one with a cd of the game The Strangers or something like that. A horror game where you are in prison and some weird creatures attack you. Never played it, I was too scared.

On 8/11/2021 at 6:08 PM, Shole said:

I do have some old ones laying around, one with a cd of the game The Strangers or something like that. A horror game where you are in prison and some weird creatures attack you. Never played it, I was too scared.

I just threw out a set the other day that were from 2012 when gaming on the Ipad was starting to gain traction - I can't believe how much time has passed.

47 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I just threw out a set the other day that were from 2012 when gaming on the Ipad was starting to gain traction - I can't believe how much time has passed.

Seriously, when it comes to gaming and entertainment as well as everything that's connected to it, we have definitely come a long way. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, when it comes to gaming and entertainment as well as everything that's connected to it, we have definitely come a long way. 

Yeah - they were talking about bumping up Ipads to 720p resolution and it was revolutionary at the time. Nowadays, almost everyone would laugh at you for that.