Register Now
Kane99

Sunset Overdrive is now a PlayStation exclusive

Weird to look at, but Sunset Overdrive is now a PlayStation exclusive. Sony now owns Insomniac Games, which made Sunset Overdrive. Expect to see this game dropping on the PS4 at some point. I don't think this will effect the Xbox One version, as I'm sure you'll still be able to purchase it from the marketplace. But who knows, they may have removed it from the xbox marketplace by now. 

It's ok though, I'm happy Sony fanboys get a chance to play Sunset Overdrive. It's one of my favorite games! 😄

On 8/26/2020 at 7:18 PM, Kane99 said:

Weird to look at, but Sunset Overdrive is now a PlayStation exclusive. Sony now owns Insomniac Games, which made Sunset Overdrive. Expect to see this game dropping on the PS4 at some point. I don't think this will effect the Xbox One version, as I'm sure you'll still be able to purchase it from the marketplace. But who knows, they may have removed it from the xbox marketplace by now. 

It's ok though, I'm happy Sony fanboys get a chance to play Sunset Overdrive. It's one of my favorite games! 😄

I also enjoyed playing Sunset Overdrive on my Playstation 4. It's an impressive move by Sony to buy off Insomniac Games. I actually didn't see that one coming. 

1 hour ago, Demon_skeith said:

Nice! Though I doubt it will be released for PS4, maybe PS5? Depending on what rights Microsoft has to the game. 

With how good the games is, I'm definitely going to bet on seeing it for Playstation 5 which won't be a bad thing. 

On 8/12/2021 at 5:39 AM, Demon_skeith said:

I hope so, looks like a fun game and shame it was only released on Xbox. 

Yeah, it's really a shame that it's only available on Xbox which eliminates lots of people from playing it too. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's tremendous for play station acquiring the right of the game 'Sunset overnight, it shows that play station is really in for more productive business with long term vision to carry on for long 

For the fact that there fan base is getting massive by the day makes it a very good investment for them because it means more money for them. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

For the fact that there fan base is getting massive by the day makes it a very good investment for them because it means more money for them. 

PlayStation did what they did simply for their own benefits. No one isn't against it that they shouldn't go for the money but they should also satisfy their customers well by making decisions favourable to all. 

On 9/24/2021 at 2:26 PM, Justin11 said:

PlayStation did what they did simply for their own benefits. No one isn't against it that they shouldn't go for the money but they should also satisfy their customers well by making decisions favourable to all. 

Yeah - it's basically the same thing with most of these gaming systems companies. They are all out to look at protecting their own business interests. 

14 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - it's basically the same thing with most of these gaming systems companies. They are all out to look at protecting their own business interests. 

I understand they are protecting their own business but they should also know that, customers are integral part of their success, and they shouldn't make others losing weight to patronize them. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I understand they are protecting their own business but they should also know that, customers are integral part of their success, and they shouldn't make others losing weight to patronize them. 

With Playstation probably already accessing the market sales turn up if they have the full exclusive of Sunset Overdrive would have led them into that decision. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

With Playstation probably already accessing the market sales turn up if they have the full exclusive of Sunset Overdrive would have led them into that decision. 

I know they'll reconsider their new policies when they discover that it isn't driving them the profit they wanted, by using the old system.  

44 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I know they'll reconsider their new policies when they discover that it isn't driving them the profit they wanted, by using the old system.  

Actually, I think that they are making decent profit from it because it's not the first time that they have taken such path. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Actually, I think that they are making decent profit from it because it's not the first time that they have taken such path. 

O heard that such policy took place this year, maybe they've not made big from it, cos other average customers are still complaining of such policy, I am not happy too.